• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Arctic/Offshore Patrol Ship AOPS

There is still a whole laundry list of fixes, but what is frustrating is the systems that will need replaced are still being installed by ISI and delivered with the ship, while other issues that will need sorted out are being ignored.

JSS is in the same boat, and currently doesn't meet air worthiness requirements from SHOPs.
In fairness to JSS, I know some of the "standards" required for the Met sensors are essentially unachievable by any system in the real world. One of my predecessors took a list of ideal lab standards for met sensors from WMO No. 8, and made them the "standard" for Met kit.

The CSC, and JSS projects are working with the SSO Met 1 CAD to iron out some of the issues on the Met side of the problem. CSC team even reached out to my section to make sure they were on track to not have the AOPs problem.

In fairness to JSS, I know some of the "standards" required for the Met sensors are essentially unachievable by any system in the real world. One of my predecessors took a list of ideal lab standards for met sensors from WMO No. 8, and made them the "standard" for Met kit.

The CSC, and JSS projects are working with the SSO Met 1 CAD to iron out some of the issues on the Met side of the problem. CSC team even reached out to my section to make sure they were on track to not have the AOPs problem.
Amazing how that happens…

:whistle:

In the same vein, I got the CSC folks in contact with the ESCP-P folks at ADM IM in hopes that there would be less bad things when the two assets are operational.

Don't need to worry about heated deck controls shorting and causing fires if you send an icebreaker to the Caribbean I guess! Nice break for the crew.

Hopefully, there's enough water in the Panama Canal for the ship to transit through. Given that it's most likely that Robert Hampton Grey will also be sent to Esquimalt, she might have to do the Northwest Passage route to get to her base.

Hopefully, there's enough water in the Panama Canal for the ship to transit through. Given that it's most likely that Robert Hampton Grey will also be sent to Esquimalt, she might have to do the Northwest Passage route to get to her base.
thats a good point, I cant imagine our ship being a priority even if the draught isnt an issue. Maybe they should just keep heading south and go the long way and see if we can interest the Argentinians or Chileans

thats a good point, I cant imagine our ship being a priority even if the draught isnt an issue. Maybe they should just keep heading south and go the long way and see if we can interest the Argentinians or Chileans
I think the draft restrictions were something like 44' from the normal 50' draft for the deep water cargo ships. That's still more than double what our ships sit in, so should be good there.

Not sure if they updated it recently but last I could find they also had a reduction in number of trips.

Worse case I guess the crew gets an extended port visit at anchor waiting for a window.

Back