• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Armoured Officer training

BC Armd Recce

Inactive
Reaction score
Simple question I can't seem to get an answer to- for reg force armoured officers, how long are phases 3 and 4 these days? And are they in modules, like CAP? Go figure CFRC can't answer this... I am a reservist, but thinking about the regs. Thanks to all who answer.

If all else fails, get in touch with your unit's OPs and training cell and ask.

Regards

Reg Force Phase III is 10 weeks long.  I'm not sure how long the Phase IV is.  As of now, the Armoured courses are not modularized.

Great. thanks much for the assistance... now to convince someone I should go on a reg force armd course!!?? Ah well, next year's battle. At least I have an idea about what time frame I would be dealing with.

Don't expect to go on the Reg Force course if you are a Reservist - its Turret and CC on the Coyote and (IIRC) the TLAV.  Two things you won't see in the Militia.

Yes, thanks. I figured as much with the Reg force courses. Coyotes are a long way off from G wagons.... thinking about going reg force, would like to, but ,my civvie job is pretty good and I have kids- so it's a decision made carefully!

BC Recce,

as noted Ph III is about 10 weeks, ph IV (from my vague memory) is about 13ish... plus the Sussex EX at the end which lasts 1 week.

Both courses are completely self-contained and "unmodded".  The only POSSIBLE mod you might get would be Gunnery in ph III if it was completed before (this happens once in a while).  Otherwise you have to do the whole course EVERY time.

Ph III quals you as a Yote CC and 25mm gunner.  You are considered qualified as a T-Lav commander but you don't get a course for the .50.  Ph IV quals you as a Tp Ldr.  If you end up going Strat you do a DF conversion course for a Leo qual.

hope that helps.

Matt

Back