• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army.ca Meeting & Greeting in Toronto

Sapper6 said:
Thanks.  Now if we could only nail down the pub.

S6

time spent in recce is seldom wasted  8)

I'm leaning towards the Duke of Argyll, it's near Metro Hall and the University and King subway station. As far as I know they have live celtic/maritime music there on weekends. Now is that a plus or minus for this group?

Danjanou said:

I'm leaning towards the Duke of Argyll, it's near Metro Hall and the University and King subway station. As far as I know they have live celtic/maritime music there on weekends. Now is that a plus or minus for this group?
Well I'm a Newfie so I don't have a problem with it, so be a blast ! As long as no one turns their beer glass, upside down. LOL

Cheerz
Paul

Danjanou said:

I wonder if they serve pickled eggs, I might go early and down a six of em. I love pickled eggs. :skull:

Cheerz
Paul

Danjanou said:

Fine with me...no Army.ca famous Shakira dance will be necessary!!  :D

Celtic/Maritime music?? Awesome!! Too bad, Vern, the dance might have been interesting!!  :D
I've been to the Duke of Argyll, nice pub.

Well it could be worse it could be my Shakira dance :eek:

Ok I e-mailed the Duke of Argyll to reserve a table for approx 12-15 persons. when they confirm I'll tell them we're members of the Canadian Peace Alliance or some other group. ;D

tree hugger said:
I nominate:

http://argyle.thedukepubs.ca/

Danjanou said:
Ok I e-mailed the Duke of Argyll to reserve a table for approx 12-15 persons. when they confirm I'll tell them we're members of the Canadian Peace Alliance or some other group. ;D

Ah ha!  I win! I win! I win! (picture this victory dance!)

Count me in...

Danjanou said:

TALLY HO !  ;D

The Librarian said:
Fine with me...no Army.ca famous Shakira dance will be necessary!!  :D
O'Shakira? MacShakira?

I vote for the Argyle too! Just looked at the link again and it looks very nice. Looking forward to seeing all of you.... I work 'til 11pm on the Friday and going to get on the road Saturday (after I treat myself to a good sleep of course)

Oh and speaking of "Shakira" here is the one song just for fun! Courtesy of U Tube of course  ;D

~Rebecca~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htJuGVrhKWc

proudnurse said:
I vote for the Argyle too! Just looked at the link again and it looks very nice. Looking forward to seeing all of you.... I work 'til 11pm on the Friday and going to get on the road Saturday (after I treat myself to a good sleep of course)

Oh and speaking of "Shakira" here is the one song just for fun! Courtesy of U Tube of course  ;D

~Rebecca~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htJuGVrhKWc
Ya you might not get much on Saturday. Me I get to leave at midnight so I can be back in Pickering, before the GO Trains stop. Otherwise I'll be stuck in Toronto with nowhere to go.

Cheerz
Paul

Ok when I call today to confirm they received our reservation, what name should I book it under. “Friends of Noreen Golfman” or the “Francisco Juarez Fan Club.”

If you don’t know who either of them are, you’re not spending enough time here. 8)

Okey dokey they just called me. 1930h on Saturday the 14th. Poor girl thought it was for tonight  ??? had to change from 1900 to 1930 because they have a theatre crowd in Tues to Saturday.

Danjanou said:

Hey folks, I'd love to meet you guys, you all "sound" so fun-loving!
I'm fairly new to Army.ca and I'm still a civvy (waiting to get into the Reserves)...
Would it be OK if I popped in?
Duke of Argyll is perfect (Lorne Scots !!!!), I just came back from Scotland & I got to see his castle at Inveraray.
Let me know if an "outsider" can come meet you in person.

Danjanou said:
Okey dokey they just called me. 1930h on Saturday the 14th. Poor girl thought it was for tonight  ??? had to change from 1900 to 1930 because they have a theatre crowd in Tues to Saturday.

Ack. Thanks.

S6.

D Squared said:
Hey folks, I'd love to meet you guys, you all "sound" so fun-loving!
I'm fairly new to Army.ca and I'm still a civvy (waiting to get into the Reserves)...
Would it be OK if I popped in?
Duke of Argyll is perfect (Lorne Scots !!!!), I just came back from Scotland & I got to see his castle at Inveraray.
Let me know if an "outsider" can come meet you in person.

I'm a former Reservist and personally I don't see why anyone would have a problem with you showing up.
I say why not, it'll give us a chance to meet you and vice versa.

Cheers
Paul

Hi Everyone!

Hope Everyone is having a good day. I did work this morning (go figure, I'm on vacation and working!)  but thankfully it was just a few hours this morning and do get the rest of the week to myself.

As it turns out for me, I won't be in attendance for the greet on the 14th of April. Just wanted to give the heads up especially for you Danjanou, so you know how many to plan for when you are booking everything.

Have a great get together, everyone!

Rebecca

Actually I just booked for Tess and I  and figured the rest of you could stand at the bar. >:D

Sorry to hear that, Rebecca.

Danjanou said:
Actually I just booked for Tess and I  and figured the rest of you could stand at the bar. >:D
So there'll be one empty seat at your table then?

Back