• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army Undergarments

I am looking for opinions on the issued Light weight Underwear

• Only thing I wear

Votes: 39 40.2%
  • Worn on Ex only

Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Worn as a last resort

Votes: 11 11.3%
  • Somewhere in my drawer, in the package

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Never ever wear it

Votes: 12 12.4%

• Total voters
Stanfields makes the undies, you can buy it at the outlet store for a really good price, Factory seconds of course, you can also get the heavier weight stuff, ours is mid wieght, and some light weight boxer shorts, which are surprisingly comfortable

Just like BASF "We don't make what you use, we make what you use better" Coolmax is a material made by dupont, sold to standfields to be made into shirts.

Issued army boxers are insulated. THey're long johns but not long. I wear them in the cold weather. The rest of the time it's Under Armour boxers.

From the female perspective: I abosultely love to issue boxer briefs. They fit well, are comfortable, and dry quickly when wet (particularly important here on the left coast). Under armour is also great but FRIGGIN EXPENSIVE. If I had to purchase them, I would buy the under armour, but the fact that the military ones are issued and free make them pretty fantastic, in my opinion. If I had enough of them, I would wear them all the time.

all in all, I love the long underwear.... gotta fight my wife for em at times cause she thinks they make great winter pyjamas.
Boxers are good - the current green cotton Tshirts are.... still in the bag. I used to be RQ so I have a decent inventory of the old VNeck variety of Tshirts and they are #1

You guys got issued underwear? ;D

I prefer to go commando, especially in the spring/summer months, much cooler.

The poly-cotton OD shirt isnt that bad...I still like to wear it in garrison, for the field it gets ditched for under armour shirts though.

The thermal underwear work very well, for an issued piece of kit ;)

Boxer fly was err.... removed when they made them "unisex".

1) guess the women were trying to pee through the fly and were making a mess of things OR
2) guess the woment were feeling a draft and complained.

geo said:
Boxer fly was err.... removed when they made them "unisex".

1) guess the women were trying to pee through the fly and were making a mess of things OR
2) guess the woment were feeling a draft and complained.
Does that mean we are all wearing "womens' clothing"?  ;D

hehe.....
are you wearing the cones of death?
(combat bra)

Don't blame it all on the women. A thermal boxer brief would be pretty useless if it had a big friggin hold in the middle of it, don't you think?

Oh, and the combat bra program is dead. CF women can go out an buy their own bras and have the money reimbursed (up to $160/year... I think). Works much better than the CF trying to design a reasonable sports bra available in every possible size.

Ohhh.... I knew that
...just love the term "cones of death"

Daidalous said:
Someone told me today that it is not in the dress regs that you "have"to wear underware.     hmmm might explain why the Air force gets none :p

Here's the Dress Regs Ref:

A-AD-265-000/AG-001 Canadian Forces Dress Regulations
Chapter 2 (Policy & Appearance), Section 2 (Appearance), para 10 (page 2-2-6):

UNDERGARMENTS:

"10.      Undergarments, including a brassiere for female personnel, shall be worn under all orders of dress and shall be of an appropriate colour so as not to be visible through uniform items of clothing."

So I guess I'll have to e-mail this to a certain female Officer whom I've had the opprtunity to seeing wearing her black lacey bra under her light Blue DEU dress shirt...(on more than one occasion!!)

Very un-appropriate and scary!!   :brickwall:

combat_medic said:
Don't blame it all on the women. A thermal boxer brief would be pretty useless if it had a big friggin hold in the middle of it, don't you think?
Absolutely...I speak from experience..not particularly the hole that was the problem...only that we ended up grabbing and shifting our crotches around as much as the men do (ie the close-up shot of the baseball player) due to all that bulky excess material that bunched up, which of course females have no use for  ;D

combat_medic said:
Oh, and the combat bra program is dead. CF women can go out an buy their own bras and have the money reimbursed (up to $160/year... I think). Works much better than the CF trying to design a reasonable sports bra available in every possible size.
Ah yes...the BTU claim process handled by Clothing Stores. My Cpl who does this is a male... He LOVES his job!!  ;D

We are actually trying to get the claims processed changed now. It would be a lot easier to just deposit $160 per year on every 01 Apr into a females pay account....bras now covered. No claims to submit...more user friendly. I hope it goes through.

Very un-appropriate and scary!!  

afraid to ask.....
what's scary; the officer or the bra?

geo said:
all in all, I love the long underwear.... gotta fight my wife for em at times cause she thinks they make great winter pyjamas.
OMG Geo!! I wear mine as jammies too when my cows are in the wash!! Must be a chick thing!

more user friendly. I hope it goes through

Ahhh..... a user friendly bra!... my wife & I concurr

;)

geo said:
Very un-appropriate and scary!!  

afraid to ask.....
what's scary; the officer or the bra?
Well, actually now that you make me think about it....they're both really really scary!! Let's just say she shouldn't a had to dress up last night!!  >:D

Back