• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Attitudes towards the Liberals

Funny you should mention Kinsella…

TLDL: don’t expect anything interesting. Still don’t know why the Liberals fought so hard to keep her from testifying when she won’t say anything incriminating anyways.
Kinsella! He's just mad he didn't his cut.

He agrees with everything the government is doing. He's beef is he's not part of it.

Interesting that for the first time that I remember seeing, the LPC isn’t even polling a majority when teamed up with the NDP. Maybe there’s something behind the grumbling against the Liberals?

Ref: 338canada.com

69964229-11E4-4C7B-A069-5A282F2D6A60.jpeg

Interesting that for the first time that I remember seeing, the LPC isn’t even polling a majority when teamed up with the NDP. Maybe there’s something behind the grumbling against the Liberals?

Ref: 338canada.com

View attachment 77255
I suspect that combination of movement from the LPC and NDP a is causing that. If you look at the NDP a numbers in other graphs they are trending down quite a bit.

I think 338canada makes an effort to consider voting efficiency into its projections, but it will be interesting to see how the developing situation with Chinagate will influence perceptions of and further attitude changes to the Liberals.

I think 338canada makes an effort to consider voting efficiency into its projections, but it will be interesting to see how the developing situation with Chinagate will influence perceptions of and further attitude changes to the Liberals.
Possibly. This snapshot is from Apr 2. CPC has a 3 point lead in popular vote but not in projected seats. Will be interesting to see the next aggregate poll.

Possibly. This snapshot is from Apr 2. CPC has a 3 point lead in popular vote but not in projected seats. Will be interesting to see the next aggregate poll.
Remius, you may have to reset your cookies or something. As of today (14 Apr), the most recent projection I noted above was 9 Apr, and it does include seat projection, not just popular vote.
0E5FF5C1-4107-4C49-8F9E-D7CA218725CC.jpeg

Last edited:
Awesome thanks. Yeah I had not had it updated.

But you were right, previous projections I saw had a split…higher popular vote, still lower seats for the CPC. Now both are higher than LPC. Not sure if the impact of Chinagate will take hold or whether Team Red can ride it out like they more recently continue to do.

But you were right, previous projections I saw had a split…higher popular vote, still lower seats for the CPC. Now both are higher than LPC. Not sure if the impact of Chinagate will take hold or whether Team Red can ride it out like they more recently continue to do.
Not sure why I keep seeing Apr 2nd despite my various attempts and using different devices. What you showed though is on their FB page though.

The China thing is definitely going to stick for while. Despite what some think it is still in the media cycle. Will it stick until 2024 is another matter.

Kinsella! He's just mad he didn't his cut.

He agrees with everything the government is doing. He's beef is he's not part of it.
He has been quite clear publicly that the Liberals under Trudeau have gone far too left and abandoned the centre. He has also voted for Tory candidates recently.

As progressives move left, there are bound to be some defections, even partial ones. Again, not everyone is willing to change at the speed demanded by the most enthusiastic.

WE 2.0?

Trudeau Foundation underspent charitable requirements four years out of last five, filings indicate

(Paywall)

Liberals playing the long game.

Political activity audits of charities suspended by Liberals

The Liberal government is suspending the few remaining political activity audits of charities after an expert panel report recommended removing a political gag order imposed on them by the Conservatives five years ago.

As an immediate first step to respond to the panel's recommendations, National Revenue Minister Diane Lebouthillier "has asked the CRA to suspend all action in relation to the remaining audits and objections that were part of the Political Activities Audit Program, initiated in 2012," a release Thursday said.

Id still feel better voting CPC if O'Toole was leader than PP. Maybe perception over reality but my head says Trudeau needs to go my gut says no to PP

The charitable sector in Canada has insufficient oversight, both internal to charities and by the government.

This results in compliance issues, and, at times, bad faith actors exploiting organizations.

Charity law can be complex; groups dependent on volunteer administrators can and do make errors of omission, and can be taken in by hucksters.

Back