• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ballistic Eyewear

tomahawk6

Army.ca Legend
Inactive
Reaction score
From blackfive.com. Email from a LT with the 172d Infantry Brigade who survived an IED blast.

http://www.blackfive.net/

mellinger_dsc00769.JPG

There is a reason soldiers are told to wear the ballistic eye-wear when they leave the front gate.  That picture shows it.

. . . now if only we could replace both the current glasses and the goggles with a single Wiley-X type goggle that is MNVG compatible.

https://www.wileyx.com/TACTICAL/

I always wore my eyepro when outside the wire, day or night, either the issue Revision Sawflys or Oakley M-Frames. Ditto for nomex or kevlar gloves... if you loose the use of your hands or eyes while under contact you are guaranteed a bad day, not to mention being permanently disabled...

Is that realy standard issue stuff? or most guys with that pay for it themselves?
I am not in the military yet so dont laugh

That's a US Lt in the picture, but the CF issue eyepro meets the standard...

The stuff that that US soldier is wearing is what we're issued. Only difference is that in the Cdn issue version we don't get the yellow "night" lens. We only have the smoke tint and clear lenses. Also, the Cdn issue Revision Sawfly frames are OD while the commercial version has a black frame with the white Revision logo on the front of it.

What I don't understand is why we didn't just get issued the Revision Sawfly deluxe kit in green... I heard somewhere that those yellow lenses actually work for night ops? Just what I've heard, don't flame me over it.

God Bless

Tim Chi

tim_chi said:
The stuff that that US soldier is wearing is what we're issued. Only difference is that in the Cdn issue version we don't get the yellow "night" lens.

Actually...yes we do, when you deploy.

Regards

Understood, thanks for the correction there.

God Bless

Tim Chi

I bought a set of the Revision eyewear a few years ago I use them all the time I have my contacts in. The amber lens are great
in low light. cloady or rainy day .

Back