• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Baltimore Bridge Collapse

It appears the vessel lost power twice while underway. After the second time, it struck the bridge support.

Question - what impact will this have on the US strategically? I mean, it sure looks like an accident...but a lot of things look like accidents, and a lot of Hillary C's friends have also 'committed suicide' so....who knows?

Question - what impact will this have on the US strategically? I mean, it sure looks like an accident...but a lot of things look like accidents, and a lot of Hillary C's friends have also 'committed suicide' so....who knows?
Baltimore harbour is basically blocked for large ships, that's going to hit the US economy every day until it is cleared, The major shipyard is on the east side of the bridge though so its not blocked.

Don't know about strategically, but the for the people of Baltimore it's going to have a tactical impact. They're going to find out whether they had just enough or more than enough capacity in their road network to absorb the loss without massively affecting traffic congestion.

Smart urban planners everywhere ought to be paying close attention.

Yeah traffic will suck worse.

The Port isn’t really that big as far as tonnage goes, but it was the biggest RORO port on the East coast - so stuff coming in like that is definitely impacted.

Yeah traffic will suck worse.

The Port isn’t really that big as far as tonnage goes, but it was the biggest RORO port on the East coast - so stuff coming in like that is definitely impacted.
And something like 15,000 port employees.

That bridge is fucked is it not….
The technical term is 'fucking fucked'. Took out a main pillar.

Sounds like 6 people are missing and presumably dead, pretty brutal. That is a really long bridge run so even with it being a slow speed (but really heavy collision) not sure if someone already on the bridge even had time to get off.

I guess the only plus side is it happened without much traffic, this could have been much worse for fatalities.

Fuckin fucked. Yeah that works.

I was actually quite surprised at the amount of damage that happened.

Back