• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Bayonets: your essential Zombie killing weapon accessory.

But the problem, Turner, is that in 28 days/weeks, they weren't zombies, they were infected with rage.  I still don't know why they didn't attack each other, though...

Technoviking said:
But the problem, Turner, is that in 28 days/weeks, they weren't zombies, they were infected with rage.  I still don't know why they didn't attack each other, though...

Well, in the video game Left for dead and it's sequal. Zombies most definately run. Viewing zombification as a virus based infection, rather then supernatural, I don't see why they would not be able to run. Auto muscular reflexes, from my understanding, don't depend on the brain to function but rather circuit through the Spinal cord? It's been a long time since biology, maybe someone can explain this better  ::)

Technoviking said:

I think that anything that attacks and bites and eats you is a zombie. Regardless, my theory would still work great if their zombie or just "infected with rage".

Turner said:
Have you seen 28 DAYS LATER and 28 WEEKS LATER? Those friggin zombies can run like Donovan Bailey! Your best bet during zombie takeover is to hide. If you choose to fight you'll never be finished as the virus would spread so fast and to so many people you'd be fighting for 10 hours a day for the next 20 years. Very tiring! If you went to a remote camp that had tons of supplies you would last longer and have a much better time. And the odd straggler that stumbles upon your camp would be blown away by the wall of mines and claymores that you have conveniently set up already!

They aren't zombies. Yes they can run, but they can also starve to death due to the loss of mental capacity to eat thanks to the rage virus.

So a real outbreak would only last a few weeks in that case.

NSDreamer said:
Well, in the video game Left for dead and it's sequal. Zombies most definately run. Viewing zombification as a virus based infection, rather then supernatural, I don't see why they would not be able to run. Auto muscular reflexes, from my understanding, don't depend on the brain to function but rather circuit through the Spinal cord? It's been a long time since biology, maybe someone can explain this better  ::)

Nice to see another player round these parts! Have you ever looked up some of the stuff on the net now? L4D has a much deeper story than the game implies.

Ok Ok I give up. Their NOT zombies by definition. But it would still be a big deal if that were to happen. They may die off in a few weeks but while they are alive with the infection they would pose a much greater threat than just slow moving zombies. I could kick a zombies ass. Someone infected with the "rage" virus I could not. Even if you were really good at BJJ or just an overall great MMA fighter they still wouldn't tap or submit to strikes.

I'm going to build a remote camp starting today! I'm going to have a 1 km squared camp with a huge trench around it. The trench will be 30 feet acrosss and 30 feet deep. At the bottom of the trench I would have 6 foot spikes pointing straight up. If the zombies tried to cross they would fall into the trench and be stuck there for the rest of their undead lives.HA!

I would bring my wife and kids and a Donkey named Carl into my safe zone and life a peaceful and safe life. All you zombie fighters would need a break every once and a while so I would let you hang out for a fee. And don't try to use your weapons to overpower me and take over my compound. I'll have 5 x strategically place JTF2 guards watching my area. How did I get them you ask? Well they sent me requests to live in my compound as they are tired of all the killing that they've done all over the world on their deployments.

So with that being said, I think I've got the whole zombie thing covered. Anything I'm forgetting? I'm sure you fellow zombie killers will have something to add!

Mat

Turner said:
Anything I'm forgetting? I'm sure you fellow zombie killers will have something to add!
Zombie evolution.  You forgot that.  They will eventually have catapults.  Or, they will fill your moat and be able to cross over on the bodies of their fellow undead.

Technoviking said:
Zombie evolution.  You forgot that.  They will eventually have catapults.  Or, they will fill your moat and be able to cross over on the bodies of their fellow undead.

Zombies can't evolve TV. The only way a zombie can be created is by being bitten by another zombie.

A donkey named Carl.....wonder where I've heard that before?

Turner said:
Ok Ok I give up. Their NOT zombies by definition. But it would still be a big deal if that were to happen. They may die off in a few weeks but while they are alive with the infection they would pose a much greater threat than just slow moving zombies. I could kick a zombies ***. Someone infected with the "rage" virus I could not. Even if you were really good at BJJ or just an overall great MMA fighter they still wouldn't tap or submit to strikes.

I'm going to build a remote camp starting today! I'm going to have a 1 km squared camp with a huge trench around it. The trench will be 30 feet acrosss and 30 feet deep. At the bottom of the trench I would have 6 foot spikes pointing straight up. If the zombies tried to cross they would fall into the trench and be stuck there for the rest of their undead lives.HA!

I would bring my wife and kids and a Donkey named Carl into my safe zone and life a peaceful and safe life. All you zombie fighters would need a break every once and a while so I would let you hang out for a fee. And don't try to use your weapons to overpower me and take over my compound. I'll have 5 x strategically place JTF2 guards watching my area. How did I get them you ask? Well they sent me requests to live in my compound as they are tired of all the killing that they've done all over the world on their deployments.

So with that being said, I think I've got the whole zombie thing covered. Anything I'm forgetting? I'm sure you fellow zombie killers will have something to add!

Mat

Consider bringing 2 or 3 other families. You will eventually have to repopulate, and inbreeding is icky.

Good point about the trench becoming full of bodies. I got it! I'll put huge african crocodiles in the trench to eat the zombies that fall in. Even if they become zombies themselves, their still stuck in the trench! And I should bring other families to my camp too. Good point. Inbreeding is a waste of time. Who do I know that has a hot wife? Hmmm....

Turner said:
Good point about the trench becoming full of bodies. I got it! I'll put huge african crocodiles in the trench to eat the zombies that fall in. Even if they become zombies themselves, their still stuck in the trench! And I should bring other families to my camp too. Good point. Inbreeding is a waste of time. Who do I know that has a hot wife? Hmmm....

Most animals won't eat infected flesh. Just a point.

Better to fill the moat with flaming oil and solve the zombie problem and disposing of putrifying flesh problem at the same time.

Jim Seggie said:
Most animals won't eat infected flesh. Just a point.

Get some maggots - they'll clean it up for you AND you can use them for fishing bait later.  It's a win win  :D.

MM

Maybe crocodiles won't eat infected flesh but Komodo dragons will. They kinda "infect" their prey before eating it. I like the maggot idea too. But, to add to the point of not eating infected flesh Jim, on the TV show Billy the Exterminator, he uses rotting chicken hung from a line to attract and catch crocodiles in Louisiana. So I think the huge and hungry African crocs that are in the trench will eat the zombies that fall in. And if they become infected than they will really be hungry for more meat!
The flaming oil would be tough to do because I would need a shitload of oil to burn. Do you know how much I've already spent on shipping huge African crocodiles already!!??

Boy oh boy, prepping for this zombie takeover sure is getting expensive. And my wife doesn't believe that it will ever happen so she is not approving ANY of my expenses! If only I had a rich investor that could fund the building of my camp, filled with supplies, the digging of the trench system, and ofcourse the crocodiles!

I believe the eating of any infected flesh will result in death.

I believe that retaining mobility is the key to surviving the zombie apocalypse.  Instead of entrenching in one area, moat or no moat, will only lead to siege.  Remember, the zombies will come for you, and they will keep coming in spite of alligators, spikes and rotting chickens.  Stay mobile, occupy the high ground (empirical evidence suggests that they aren't very agile, and less likely able to climb hills) and always keep working on your cardio.

I already said that the whole fighting thing will just be too tiring and a complete waste of time. You'll be killing day and night for years. Very exhausting. Building a safe zone is hard work right now, but a good plan will pay off in the long run. I'll be able to live a peaceful life and you guys that fight all day will come and visit me when you need a rest and a good sandwich!

How about living in a ship moored off the coast? Water all round and I haven't seen zombies making amphibious assaults.  Propelling the ship might be a problem though... no fuel etc. Come to think of it, won't ships, especially subs on sea patrol be protected from a zombie outbreak? How about a nuclear sub on a deterrence patrol?

No Power? No problem!  Just get some sails, some scurvy dogs and avast!

Back