• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Before swearing in.

GAP said:
use the search function "shin splints", and others...there's a couple of good threads here with excellent advice

Thanks.  I've actually read paracowboy's thread and have taken some of the advice, I'm just in the process of trying to build them up for next month.

munky99999 said:
That day I found out that my legs can be saying “STOP, STOP” but you really don’t need to stop.

Shin splints are different than just sore quads/calves though.  If you don't stop, you'll get stress fractures.

Springroll said:
Maybe each CFRC works differently then.
When I got the call they gave me my course number and dates, date of my swearing and time, what time family can arrive, appropriate attire, my rank, my departure date, pay specifics and asked me to verify some information.

I received half of that information.  After about 20 questions they gave me the swearing in date and time for both myself and family, and the BMQ dates.  I haven't received anything regarding what to bring or what to wear which I assume is coming in the next phone call.

ArmyDave said:
I received half of that information.  After about 20 questions they gave me the swearing in date and time for both myself and family, and the BMQ dates.  I haven't received anything regarding what to bring or what to wear which I assume is coming in the next phone call.

I asked the attire question, and the answer is business casual. So dress shoes and socks, (and not gym socks), nice pants and a shirt with a collar (tie is optional). Get in the habit of looking professional now, you will need to look that way for most of your life.

Smiles,
Dugnut

They told me my Swearing in date (Aug 9th) and my date im leaving and the BMQ start date (Aug 21) and that's it. Nothing more. I guess im going to call my CFRC tomorrow.

Dugnut said:
Get in the habit of looking professional now, you will need to look that way for most of your life.

Nah...I'm gonna enjoy my last weeks of freedom and run around in shorts and tasteless t-shirts while I can....hehehe

;D

Do I need to shave my goatee before the swearing in, or can that be done right before BMQ? ;D

I was told that I would not be getting anything in the mail. Cpl.___ said show up on July 19 with a shirt and tie and some info for my will.

ArmyDave said:
Do I need to shave my goatee before the swearing in, or can that be done right before BMQ? ;D

You can wait till you get there.  Once you are there you will have to spring for the haircut also. 

Hey Techie..

No package yet? Call your recruiter and just ask him about a package being sent out. You are suppose to have a package of the following :

( looking at mine right now )

- Acceptance letter
- Welcome to the Canadian forces booklet.
- An example sheet of your career description.
- CFLRS joining instructions
- Your pay rate sheet
- Supplementary Death Benefits *
- Will *
- Perosnal emergency Notification *
- Security Clearance *

The listed with the  * means his has to be handed in the day of recruiting.  So if you have no recieved your package , call and make sure you do , its not only recruitings loss but amounts to alot of paper work not gettign finished.

Hope that helps.

JESSO

gijesso said:
- Supplementary Death Benefits *
- Will *
- Perosnal emergency Notification *
- Security Clearance *

The listed with the  * means his has to be handed in the day of recruiting.  So if you have no recieved your package , call and make sure you do , its not only recruitings loss but amounts to alot of paper work not gettign finished.
The items with an asterisk are the items that they are getting me to fill out when I am there for my swearing in, so some other CFRC's may be working that way too...not 100% sure though.

I never did get the welcome to the CF booklet though....lol

Thats too bad.

They highlighted certain areas on these forms , and also said we would be ' going over them ' at the ceremony , along with tons of other paper work.  If you did not recieve the Welcome to CFLRS joining instructions , look them up on the CFLRS web site. These are important , and explains alot of things you will need to bring / not to bring and specified.

Back