• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BESH Knives?

ballz

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Anybody have any experience with this line of custom knives? They look pretty beautiful to me but also some high prices (get what you pay of course).

Met the owner last night, Brent, and he gave me his card and I've been looking at the website today and whatnot. Wondering if anybody has any experience with him or his work or anything?

http://beshknives.com is the website with bio.

Anyone familiar with this can correct me however I was under the impression that bayonets/blades with more than two edges and/or serrated blades were forbidden under the Geneva Conventions?

MMSS said:
Anyone familiar with this can correct me however I was under the impression that bayonets/blades with more than two edges and/or serrated blades were forbidden under the Geneva Conventions?

In my interpretation, many of the comments found about limitations on types of bayonets come from the Hague Convention restriction which reads:

Art. 23.

In addition to the prohibitions provided by special Conventions, it is especially forbidden -

To employ arms, projectiles, or material calculated to cause unnecessary suffering;

This has been taken to include triangular (or other non-blade style) bayonets which cause a puncture wound that cannot be easily sutured. Saw-backed blades also fell under this description by any nation that wanted to declare their opponents use of them was illegal - likely more as part of a propaganda war than a real estimation of the purpose of a pioneers' saw-backed blade.

The oddest extension of this is the interpretation that bayonets should not be sharpened, i.e., that they be "dull". this one actually has a background, but it has nothing to do with sharpening the blade (image from Canadian Army Orders):

I really like the CKRT knives. But I like affordability and practicality.
http://www.crkt.com/Ultima-5in-Black-Blade-Veff-Combo-Edge

I have a pal who landed a dozen stitches in his hand like 5 mins after taking his BESH out of the box. He likes it but it's got a weird shape to it like a twisted style blade for cutting through kevlar or something? I'm not sure. He seems to dig it though, but there aren't many out there i don't think.

-I have a V-42 Commando Dagger on my rig (the Black Devils Blast from the past) a knock off of course-but it only needs to work once right?

I also rock a Chris Reeve Knives "Green Beret" on my hip for bush work and around the office i have a little Boker auto opener i picked up in KAF last time through... pretty cool blade.

I'm getting a Besh Buck Bravo folder in a couple weeks, just waiting on some engraving :D

From what I understand, both the top and the bottom are chisel ground, letting you get the knife VERY sharp without much trouble.  The chisel grind lets you do some things better than a traditional knife (I can't think of anything specific right now, but I'm sure they exist :p).  The tip is very blunt, letting you use it as a prybar, screwdriver, etc. without really worrying about snapping off the tip.

Nemo888 said:
I really like the CKRT knives. But I like affordability and practicality.
http://www.crkt.com/Ultima-5in-Black-Blade-Veff-Combo-Edge

Agreed....I have an CKRT M16Zytel and its by far one of the best knives I have ever owned.

As far as other knives go, I'll throw my vote for Spyderco.  Having that giant hole for your thumb to find is a better design choice than adding a thumb stud that might fall off.  Holes don't go anywhere and they weigh less :p

I heard good comment about BESH knives. I try the Buck Bravo Rescue Acier, it is a very heavy knives, easy to handle and manipulate.  I like the tip it prevent to break it.  Brent Beshara is a ex clearance diver and JTF, so i think he know what's up.

I've known Brent for several years and he IS the real deal. The unique design isn't a gimmick.

Does anyone know if it's possible to get a pocket clip on one of those Buck Bravo Besh rescue knives?

Buck Bravo Besh rescue knives do not have the clip. If you want clip you should look Buck Knife Plain BRAVO. EBay 80$ from Ontario.
Good luck!!! and good shopping...

Back