• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Best "I Am OUTTA Here" Disgruntled Worker Exit

The Bread Guy

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
From a NY Times blog:
A JetBlue flight attendant, apparently upset with an uncooperative passenger on a just-landed flight,  on Monday unleashed a profanity-laden tirade on the public address system, pulled the emergency-exit chute, slid off the plane and fled Kennedy International Airport, a law enforcement official said ....

The pre-departure announcement, according to the NY Daily News:
.... "To the f-----g a--hole who told me to f--k off, it's been a good 28 years," Slater, 38, purred, cops said. "I've had it. That's it," he added, a passenger said.

The mad-as-hell steward grabbed a couple of brewskis and popped one open before activating the emergency exit, witnesses told airport employees.

After tossing his two carry-on bags on the slide, he followed them to the tarmac ....

Hope he enjoyed it....
Steven Slater, 38, was arrested at his home not far away in Belle Harbor, Queens. He was charged with reckless endangerment and criminal mischief.

In a way - very unfortunate - He probably did what most of us have wanted to do (but didn't have the parts to!) at several points in our lives!
Heard this on the way in this a.m. on the radio and started my day off with a good chuckle!

What an exit!

Although, I have to think that something else was going on. Even on our worse days, the chance of freaking out and swearing at everyone seems slim.

I wonder if he had something else going on. Break up? Taxes? 28 years of being a flight attendant, 8 of those being apparently child labour? I'm excited to hear his side of the story! Hopefully he wont end up swearing at me too.

A pretty cool second-place entry:  resignation letter via whiteboard
http://thechive.com/2010/08/10/girl-quits-her-job-on-dry-erase-board-emails-entire-office-33-photos/

I like this one.....  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EEk6V_PXWo

Back