• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Big Foot (Not the Army.ca type) is back!

Ex-Dragoon

Army.ca Fixture
Inactive
Reaction score
You know all I can visualize is Big Foot from the Six Million Dollar Man.... lol

25 March 2007
CTV News Net:

Two B.C. men claim to encounter a sasquatch
Updated Sun. Mar. 25 2007 6:21 PM ET

Canadian Press

VANCOUVER -- Was it a bear? Or was it a sasquatch, the legendary primate long rumoured to inhabit Vancouver Island?

A B.C. man is reporting he may have spotted the mythical ape-like creature in the Enchanted Forest near Tofino, on the west coast of Vancouver Island.

"My brother and I had a strange encounter with a large, dark humanoid in the forests of Tofino,'' the unidentified man says in the introduction to a video posted recently on Youtube.

`Strange Humanoid Encounter' has been viewed more than 15,000 times.

The pair -- who say they live five hours from Tofino -- were on a walk in the forest, using a camera to shoot wildlife.

What they saw caught them off guard.

"Look, quick . . . stay back'' says one, as the camera begins to roll.

''My hypothesis is that this was a bear although my memory deceives me,'' the man writes in the video introduction. "The animal was about seven feet tall, give or take one foot. It hunched over quite a bit.

"When it first encountered us, it stared. By the time I got the camera out, it stated fleeing.

"It had no smell that overpowered the wet forest smell, and made no sound, except for rushing through the bush,'' he writes in online discussions after the video was posted.

After the creature fled, the pair run forward and look for footprints. What they find stamped in the earth seems more human than bearlike.

While the tape is blurry and the camera work shaky, there seems to be something resembling a human shape when it rears up.

When crouched, it looks like a bear.

So far, the video has provoked pages of discussion on YouTube.

Some respond saying it's a hoax; others believe it's the real thing.

"This is NOT a hoax. The quality is bad, but my original copy is quite clear,'' writes the man who claims to have posted the video.

The man, who did not respond to email requests for an interview, says he's sending the tape to the B.C. Cryptozoology Society "for an expert's advice.''

The videotape does receive mention on the cryptozoology.com website. The website's glossary includes such creatures as the Mongolian Death Worm, the Loch Ness Monster, Blobs, Globsters, the Beast of Gevaudan, the Coelacanth and Goatman.

Wildlife biologist Dr. John Bindernagel says postings of sasquatch videos on Youtube are not uncommon, but many appear to be spoofs.

"This video, it's very good of the fellow to at least entertain the option that it could have been a sasquatch -- not just an upright bear or not someone in a fur suit,'' Bindernagel says.

''But it's not very good and it's not something that a scientist would bring to attention of his colleagues as evidence because it isn't very good.

"It could well have been a sasquatch but it's neither persuasive or convincing.''

Bindernagel, who has written extensively about the subject, says the internet videos can both help and hinder efforts to do genuine scientific research into the Big Foot phenomenon.

"Because we have been unable to attract informed scientific comment, the media has proceeded with this very attractive, simplistic hoax hypothesis and that's been really quite problematic,'' he says.

But Bindernagel is convinced sasquatch exist.

He says there have been more than 100 sightings of the legendary creature on Vancouver Island and thousands of sighting throughout North America since the mid-1800s.

Edited by Vern to reflect in topic title that we are not talking about our very own Army.ca BigFoot.

I don't know why but I suddenly crave a kokanee after reading this story! ;)

Isn't there a trooper on here with the name of Big Foot?

Edit cause I don't know how to type nor spell.

I know a guy who swears there is a "big foot." He is into all that stuff.

TN2IC said:

I thought thats what the title was ref too haha.

My hubby's cousin calls himself a Yeti...even has personalized liscence plates too. Does that count? ;D He is 6'7" and 275lbs...maybe it was him.

Cheers,

CAW

TN2IC said:
Y'know, I read the title of this thread and my first thought was "Holy crap, I was gone?" then I realised that it wasn't about me, lol.

Typical Canadian open minded response:  All things are possible. But I'd have to see one for myself to be sure!!!

Years ago I worked at a mine in the mountains. There were rumours of a Big Foot sighting at a bridge half way up to the mine from the townsite. One of the managers put it all in perspective, "It would depend on how long you'd been in the bar before you went up the mine road."

:cdn:
Hawk

I got monkey feet... pick up anything.

9er hates it... hehehe

i have a pretty hairy uncle who lives out that way maybe it was him

My husband has monkey feet-and can open doors with them.

He drives me crazy ;D

:cdn:
Hawk

TN2IC said:

That is what I thought too when I first seen the topic on the main board, had to take a Double look also. Thought it was about our army.ca Big Foot and maybe about them going somewhere.

~ Rebecca

It's for real this time!  (someone please turn off that damn banjo music)

http://www.popsci.com/scitech/article/2008-08/bigfoot-found-again

Damn I really thought this was it!  ::) 

Its funny how much time and effort some people will go through just for a worthless prank.

This is the second time I've seen this thread and just thought "What the hell?"...

Back