• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BIQ + DP2A 4 Jul - 19 Aug - Kingston

I've got an application in for joining the CHofO right now. I'm not sure what courses I'll have to do during the summer though. I was in previously and was BMQ, SQ, and trades (not infantry) qualified, but they might make me do one or two of those over again. If I get in on time and they don't make me redo any of those courses then I might be on that BIQ and DP2A.

Depending on how long ago you were in, (within the past 3 years?) you may not have to redo all of your courses. Perhaps Standards could shed some light on your situation.

If you went through the new DP system (BMQ, SQ, QL3), considering it is fairly new, I would imagine you would be exempt.

I'll answer the best I can, but this isn't really a Standards issue. 

In my experience this would fall under "Equivalency Request" and for Army courses a request would be sent from your unit, through the Bde & Area chain, to LFDTS in Kingston.  There is an LFCO that covers this, I can't remember the number off-hand and I'm at home (20-? maybe).  It has the forms etc in it.

However, since I understand that Stomper's file is still at the recruiting centre, they would be sending his file on to Borden where CFTDG will make a determination as to what qualifications will be granted.  Once enrolled his message will state what qualifications he has been granted.

After being enrolled you can still seek equivalencies for qualifications through the system, but its generally better to get it from the Recruiting Centre (saves time, pain & aggravation).

I am guessing Stomper has not been out too long as the SQ course isn't that old, so he has a decent chance of gaining the qualifications.  However, they will probably also look at how long he was in the unit, so if he did summer training and pulled pin immediately after (i.e. never gained any experience to back up his training), it may count against him.

In any case, I hope this helps and good luck.

I wouldn't bet on getting loaded onto a course this summer if you're not already parading with the unit.

Back