• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ 0403 Grad Parade

Standards said:
Regarding when PRes pers are to be issued DEUs, everyones right (to some extent). The policy until recently was that DP1 training had to be complete (includes BMQ, SQ, and DP1 trades training (QL3)). This policy was recently (within the past month or so) changed so that now pers are to be issued DEUs upon completion of one years service, regardless of the training they have completed.

My understanding is that DEUs were not being issued as money saving idea (once he's trained, he will probably stick around a while!). However the change occurred because this was counterproductive from a retention point of view (if they won't give me nice cloths, what am I doing here?).

In any case, no doubt it will take a while for the various clothing stores to catch up.

Thanks for the clarification WO.

Chimo!

I was on 0403. To say the Grad Parade went well is a bit of a joke. Atleast if you are reffering to the parade at the end of the SQ portion of thecombined course. IIRC the top Candidate kicked a rifle, someone saluted the Warrant, and not even 3/4 of the class left and re-entered ranks correctly.

Edit-
Hmmmm...Disregaurd my coments, that'll teach me to look at the dates, and look carefuly at the pictures (attention to detail or something like that). Different 0403 course. This one actualy looks pretty decent.

Yes..I guess the system of course serials only exists withing the specific Brigade group. We had no real incidents such as kicked rifles or saluted WO's  ;D.

After a day of parade practice, of course.

Back