• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ Nov 2010

ringo598 said:
Thought I would jump in, havn't posted in a very long while.  I've also been accepted, going to BMQ Nov 29 in St. Jean.  Insanely excited to go to something thats going to challenge the hell out of me.  Going in as an LCIS tech.  Right now I'm doing software development/business analyst stuff for a company in Eastern Ontario. 

Congrats ringo598, see you there!

ringo598 said:
Thought I would jump in, havn't posted in a very long while.  I've also been accepted, going to BMQ Nov 29 in St. Jean.  Insanely excited to go to something thats going to challenge the hell out of me.  Going in as an LCIS tech.  Right now I'm doing software development/business analyst stuff for a company in Eastern Ontario.

That is terrific, well done. You are right to be excited.

Thanks, now to just keep busting my butt with the running and pushups.  I'm lucky I live with a reg force captain as a room-mate who's giving me the 'encouragement' to jog and such.  He even got me out to the range to fire an AR-15 (Havn't shot anything bigger then a .22 for 10 years).  Do you guys know if there is a facebook group for the Nov 29 crew? I read earlier there was one for another group thats going before us...

ringo598 said:
Thanks, now to just keep busting my butt with the running and pushups.  I'm lucky I live with a reg force captain as a room-mate who's giving me the 'encouragement' to jog and such.  He even got me out to the range to fire an AR-15 (Havn't shot anything bigger then a .22 for 10 years).  Do you guys know if there is a facebook group for the Nov 29 crew? I read earlier there was one for another group thats going before us...

Well since a few of us wanted a facebook group for the November 29, 2010 group I decided since I have a bunch of time on my hands that I would make one. The title of the group is: Canadian Forces BMQ November 29, 2010

wollyworld said:
Well since a few of us wanted a facebook group for the November 29, 2010 group I decided since I have a bunch of time on my hands that I would make one. The title of the group is: Canadian Forces BMQ November 29, 2010

Unlike people who did their Recruit Training prior to the Internet and Facebook, this may be a neat way to keep in touch wiht your Coursemates through out your military career and later.  Mike can slowly phase out this site's Personal Locator.    ;D

has anyone done a facebook group for us November 8th guys yet?  It would be nice to see done.

Perhaps it might be beneficial to combine the BMQ Nov groups into one group on Facebook?  That way the guys coming at the end of the month will have some contacts with people already on course etc.

Not sure what benefit that would provide, but it sounds good.  And right now I'm a touch loopy from my first 3km jog.  Sucks being fat, my own fault.  I'm Greek :(

ringo598 said:
Perhaps it might be beneficial to combine the BMQ Nov groups into one group on Facebook?  That way the guys coming at the end of the month will have some contacts with people already on course etc.

Not sure what benefit that would provide, but it sounds good.  And right now I'm a touch loopy from my first 3km jog.  Sucks being fat, my own fault.  I'm Greek :(

Yeah this is a good idea..

EDIT: I made one, join up!

Just put Canadian Armed Forces - BMQ, St- Jean November in the facebook search bar.

Excellent work, boys!

I think I'm gonna do the Insanity workout plan to see what kind of shape that gets me in.  The 60 day program ends about the end of September, so that'll give me a month to see what weaknesses I still have and do my best to get them a bit better just before basic.  I still think running's gonna be a pain haha.

I was all about weight lifting, but it's time to get in aerobic shape I think.  What a pain in my nuts!  :p

I was thinking about doing P90X.  Haven't decided yet though.

Luke O said:
I was thinking about doing P90X.  Haven't decided yet though.

Check out crossfit, I'm doing that and the paleo diet. I've already lost 2 waist sizes and have noticed huge strength gains in just a month..it's ridic.

EpicBeardedMan said:
Check out crossfit, I'm doing that and the paleo diet. I've already lost 2 waist sizes and have noticed huge strength gains in just a month..it's ridic.

I will look it up.  Thanks for the tip.

Hey Guys, there is also a facebook group made just for those attending basic starting the week of the 8th of November if anyone is intereted.  When we get our actual platoon number, I will add it.  Just type in:

Canadian Forces BMQ November 8, 2010

Back