• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ on Aug. 7 in St. Jean?

misfit said:
Wow thats pretty damn tall! When are you swearing in?

I'm being sworn in Aug. 2nd in Toronto. :)

Basic is Aug 21st - Nov 3rd.

Hey ArmyDave, you are going for the Infantry? What unit did you apply for?

I am going for PPCLI out in Alberta.

Cant wait till August!!! ;D

My BMQ is on August 14th, and I'm also going for reg force Infantry with PPCLI. Not sure which battalion I'll end up with. I'll probly see you around.

Awsome stuff, more people the better haha. Hope to see ya guys there.

Jhonnyp19 said:
Hey ArmyDave, you are going for the Infantry? What unit did you apply for?

I am going for PPCLI out in Alberta.

Cant wait till August!!! ;D

I applied for PPCLI infantry.  I'm hoping for Alberta but so far it sounds like the odds are most new recruits will be stuck in Manitoba.  I hope this isn't true. :)

So have you folks quit your civi jobs yet? I just handed in my resignation letter today. I'm giving myself 3 weeks off before BMQ starts. It feels great to be leaving this office and joining the CF!
:cdn:

What do you mean Manitoba doesn't have much? It has all you need. Trust me if I can live happily in a city of 18,000 in Saskatchewan and find what I need a the most an hour's trip away, Manitoba will have it too.

ArmyDave said:
I'll be there as well.  Everyone will know me because I'll be the only 6'9" guy. :)

Hehe, everyone will know me because I'll be the only 5'0" girl.

;D

Sparkplugs said:
Hehe, everyone will know me because I'll be the only 5'0" girl.

;D

At least I'm not the only one that will stand out.  ;D

Looks like I'll be seeing some of you guys there. Sworn in july 19th, BMQ on august 7th.

Okay, just for fun, I'm gonna make a list here, so I can keep track of the Aug 7th St Jean people.

Misfit - Combat Engineer

Sparkplugs - Aviation Systems Tech

Jhonnyp19 - Infantry

Joe Simpson - Infantry

Anyone I missed?  Let me know. 

I'm giving my notice at work this coming week, because the military will be calling them anyway to finish my final security form thing, so I figured it'd be better if they heard it from me.  The excitement grows, hehe. 

But now I am confused about bringing civie clothing.  It says I am supposed to have blouses with a minimum of a 1-inch collar.  I'm not sure whether that's referring to a fancy dress shirt or not?  How come the girls can't just wear polo shirts too?  And why, in every bmq video I've seen, are people wearing t-shirts and workout pants, definitely not the dress clothes I was told to bring.

I am so excited!  Work is actually a lot of fun now, because I distract myself the whole time thinking about my future, hehe.

Assuming most, if not all of you, are of legal age, we should go out for drinks before BMQ.

Meeting a couple of the people I'll spending quite some time with sounds well worth it.

Joe Simpson said:
Assuming most, if not all of you, are of legal age, we should go out for drinks before BMQ.

Meeting a couple of the people I'll spending quite some time with sounds well worth it.

I'm 24, so yes, legal, hehe.  When are you guys leaving for basic?  I don't get to go until Aug 6th, so are we allowed to do something like that the night before basic starts?  I'm just curious.  I wish I could bring my truck, hehe, I'm going to miss it.

Hey great idea Sparkplugs with that list...

I have no idea what to bring! I thought I would find this out during the swearing in. It would be cool to meet up before BMQ starts and have a beer together. I live in Mississauga.

I live in brampton and can drive. We should probably wait until we get sworn in, though. Get some more people to come out to a bar.

Sparkplugs said:
Okay, just for fun, I'm gonna make a list here, so I can keep track of the Aug 7th St Jean people.

Misfit - Combat Engineer

Sparkplugs - Aviation Systems Tech

Jhonnyp19 - Infantry

Joe Simpson - Infantry

Anyone I missed?  Let me know. 

Cody - Infantry

Ps: they will try and group recruits of the same trade together in one platoon. For instance all of us Infanteers will most likely be in the same platoon this way they can go hard on us because come battle school...hahaha well you'll hear all about that. So I guess anyone going 031 here will be with me which is good because I have prior expirence so i'll try my best to fill our platoon on general tips for surviving Basic, which in turn will make all of our stay there a more pleasent one.

Back