• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Body armor identification?

fragtosser

Inactive
Reaction score
Greetings. I was hoping the learned folks of this board could shed some light on a particular vest I had seen the other day. It was a PSP manufactured vest in CADPAT TW of unknown threat level, although I will imagine IIIA. The majority of the vest was covered in velcro (the softer part) and many male snaps in a grid pattern similar to various tactical carriers I've seen by Second Chance. It was fastened around both sides by a pair of fastex buckles and the ballistic panels wrapped around for complete coverage. I don't recall what the shoulder straps were like. It also had a flip-down groin guard that was also covered with the same snap and velcro system as the vest which I found rather interesting, what could one expect to put there?

It had an assortment of pouches with it, 40mm grenade, STANAG mags, radio, SMG mags, and a couple of others that looked more like a sampler or demonstration pack than an actual deployment kit. They were all covered on the back with "male" velcro and female snaps that interfaced with the vest allowing placement wherever the user wanted. I didn't get a good look at the tag sewn on the inside so I don't have a model number or name. PSP's site shows nothing like this and searching this site and Google have yielded no results. Does this vest sound familiar to anyone?

It sounds to me like a SWAT-type vest. The snap/velcro combo was  and still is popular amongst SWAT teams. MOLLE/PALS is more effective.  Our team was looking at the PSP vests but have decided to go with Diamnondback Tactical vests instead. One thing people should know about PSP is that they still use Zylon!

Sorry, no pictures.

I had considered it to be one of PSP's tactical series for police, but in CADPAT? They don't even list that as an option in their catalog. All of the pouches were in CADPAT too. The style also seemed to differ from anything they have in their catalog.

Probably something for the squirels.  There were pics of them in Haiti posted here wearing stuff like that.

Well PSP makes our tacvests, body armour, all the JTF gear.  It wouldn't be too much of a stretch for them to make something for a police force in Cadpat. The police in question would just need to get authorization from CTS or whoever they get it from.

Actually, PSP makes a whole lotta gucci/secret squirrel kit... but they don't make the TV. Fellfab does. It would be a discredit to the PSP name for them to be associated with the TV. Maybe they did the initial design, and then CTS tore it all apart before giving it to Fellfab to manufacture, but I know for a fact that PSP's version of the tac vest is GTG, unlike the one we got.

God Bless

Tim Chi

So Fellfab are the ones to blame for that piece of crap. Over here we are pretty damn close to being told to go back to issue kit. Because apparently uniformity is how we are going to win battles.

Back