• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BOTP Part II - Gagetown & Changes to CAP(R)

R

rormson

CAP(R) has been changed, apparently back to the "old" system whereby Reserve Officers will now complete their training along side the Reg Force. The net effect is that for those without "unlimited" summer availability it will take 5 years to become fully trained. Part of this reorganization is that the 1 week leadership component of BOTP (i.e. BOTP Part 2) has been extended to 10 days and will now run from 18 -27 May in Gagetown.

Questions:

1) Has anyone completed BOTP Part 2 in Gagetown, and if so can you shed some light on what is involved? (e.g. specific course content, PT, drill, etc.)

2) Are any other Reserve Officers, beside those of us completing BOTP in 31 CBG, impacted by this change to the BOTP/CAP(R) Courses?

Thanks.   :cdn:

The net effect is that for those without "unlimited" summer availability it will take 5 years to become fully trained.

I don't know about other reservists here, but it certainly affects my long-term prospects for progression.

I had heard that there are still plans to come up with a CAP (R) training plan that is geared to "limited" availability reservists with careers that would be similar to the old MITCP, but that's just little more than a rumour at this point. Could be that they just want to focus on students as a top priority these days.

cheers, mdh

I am in 34 CBG and was affected by this change.  I had to start BMQ part time on the fourth weekend.  I would also be interested in what is involved in the courses in Gadgetown.

Back