• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BOTP this summer

Ed Art

Inactive
Reaction score
For people currently in the ROTP I have heard that BOTP could take place in many different places this summer.  Including the mega, BC, SASK, and RMC.  Does anybody know for sure what's going on, better yet has anybody received their orders yet?

Well, here is what I know personally, from attending NOAB on March 2, our whole group was split in 2. There will be BOTP in St. Jean starting on May 5, 2008 and another BOTP held in Venture starting on April 28, 2008. I genuinely don't know about any other group.

Scathach said:
There will be BOTP in St. Jean starting on May 5, 2008

I think you're mixing up your acronyms, they're changing the terms and it is confusing. There's a BMOQ course (IAP and BOTP back to back) that starts May 5th which I think is what you're thinking of. I'm on a BOTP serial (0062E) which starts May 12th. Anyone else on that course?

I wanted to get on 63E which will be your sister platoon as most of my IAP mates will be on that course. 

OCdt Weissbock said:
I wanted to get on 63E which will be your sister platoon as most of my IAP mates will be on that course. 

Yeah I prefer having my course earlier in the summer, I'm psyched about getting 62E, 4 or 5 people from my IAP as well. But in the grand scheme of things, having a course a couple weeks earlier/later isn't that big of a deal. What platoon were you on for IAP Weissbock? I was 24, July 2- Aug 31.

Edited for spelling Weissbock's name wrong. My bad.

My IAP was 13E from 11 May - 14 Jul.  It is ok I am going to try and do a summer intersession course before.

OCdt Weissbock said:
My IAP was 13E from 11 May - 14 Jul.  It is ok I am going to try and do a summer intersession course before.

Won't you be doing OJT/EWAT?

Possibly, but they might let me do a summer class instead since I need that class for my degree.

OCdt Weissbock said:
Possibly, but they might let me do a summer class instead since I need that class for my degree.

Right on, good luck. Anyone else on 62 or 63E starting 12 May gimme a shout.

Ill see you there Bennet, my ULO's sending me off on the 11th.  Their going to find me work for the few weeks prior to the start date, I was hoping to get some special academic leave.

I am glad im doing it early, have all July and August to hit the beach and enjoy a bit of the summer, where are you staying once your done BOTP, are you staying in London.

Haven't heard yet. I'm submitting a memo, hoping to get the CFRC back home in Kitchener, but whatever. You?

On BOTP are we going to be allowed to wear our cad pat name tags or will everyone be issued the paper name tags to wear again? And what if you don't have cad pat name tags.

OCdt Weissbock said:
We do get Tac Vests this year.

Whaaat that's amazing. Are you sure?

PS Let's not turn this into a pros/cons of tacvest thread, I'm aware of its problems, but I'm sure it's better than webbing circa 1978.

99% positive.  This is just based one friends having gone to St. Jean and them coming back saying that they are now being issued Tac Vests.

I don't think so, but can anyone tell me whether we have to write another autobiography to report to CFLRS with for BOTP?

Back