• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

British Military Current Events

And that’s just for England I assume ;)

More than half of England’s army veterans have health problems – report​

Survey finds many ex-military personnel fear being misunderstood and are reluctant to seek professional help

More than half of England’s army veterans have experienced mental or physical health issues since returning to civilian life, and some are reluctant to share their experiences, a survey has revealed.

The survey of 4,910 veterans, commissioned jointly by the Royal College of GPs (RCGP) and the Office for Veterans’ Affairs (OVA), found that 55% have experienced a health issue potentially related to their service since leaving the armed forces. Over 80% of respondents said their condition had got worse since returning to civilian life.

Another legend gone...

'A surgeon amputated everything and I was as good as new' said SAS legend 'Bronco'​

Lord Ashcroft pays tribute to Major 'Bronco' Lane, who died on Friday aged 78. In his SAS career of over 18 years, Lane left a legacy of remarkable heroism.​

Lane was once asked if the expedition to Everest had ended his career and he shot back the response: “Good God, no. A surgeon amputated everything and I was nearly as good as new!” “But,” continued his questioner, “you didn’t have any toes – and only one hand of fingers?” Lane replied: “Yes, but they made special boots for me in Hereford and extended the safety catch on my Armalite rifle and I was fine. You know, fine.”

Another legend gone...

'A surgeon amputated everything and I was as good as new' said SAS legend 'Bronco'​

Lord Ashcroft pays tribute to Major 'Bronco' Lane, who died on Friday aged 78. In his SAS career of over 18 years, Lane left a legacy of remarkable heroism.​

Lane was once asked if the expedition to Everest had ended his career and he shot back the response: “Good God, no. A surgeon amputated everything and I was nearly as good as new!” “But,” continued his questioner, “you didn’t have any toes – and only one hand of fingers?” Lane replied: “Yes, but they made special boots for me in Hereford and extended the safety catch on my Armalite rifle and I was fine. You know, fine.”

He retained a black sense of humour throughout his life. When, some years ago, he was contacted by the National Army Museum about the loan of memorabilia from his 1976 expedition, he offered his ice axe, along with his frostbitten fingers and toes, which, it emerged, he had preserved in formaldehyde and kept in the SAS’s regimental mess. The toes were not in good enough condition to be exhibited but the fingers were placed on display on a wooden plinth and later returned to Hereford for safe-keeping.

Observed that the Gurkhas were outshooting the competition and turning out marksmen faster.
Training programme adjusted.

Original course - 10x first time pass with 1 or 2 Marksmen
Revised course - 98% first time pass with 17 Marksmen

Well in 1066, after the Battle of Hastings, the Norman French took over the palace and kept it so it's not the first time this happened.

Back