• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Bush Victory Salute!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Da_man said:
what a moron

I think anybody that would judge someone based on a 10 second movie clip is an even bigger moron.

This was obviously taken out of context.  I give the one finger salute to one of the girls in the pipe band all the time.  It's done jocularly, as was this. 

So I guess I don't get it.  So what?

Recommending this get locked up, unless anyone wants to add some intelligent commentary here.

Pretty funny, who hasn't given the middle finger? Just because he's the president, doesn't mean he can't or shouldn't.

I am not a big bush fan but i will admit that is pretty good...telling the camera man he is #1! :salute:

If this makes Bush a moron, does this mean that u think Trudeau is a moron too?

I agree with Michael, this is stupid.  I'm going to lock it up as it is almost certain to go nowhere but down.

This clip is what is known as an "out-take".
Many movies end with these while the credits are rolling - they're hilarious
(perhaps the most famous for her flubs is Carol Burnett - the entire cast was often reduced to uncontrollable giggling, and that was in the day of live television ... but, I digress).

Bush was being recorded, and somebody off-camera pointed out that his hair wasn't straight
(see the little forelock?  He attempted to correct it, unsuccessfully).
Going off on a tangent - with an entire nation watching his every move, the pressure upon him is so great that armchair journalists would have a field day if his hair wasn't straight ... but, I digress.

Bush realised that they'd have to start over, so he had a little fun by flipping the bird.
He's human.

To sum up, I elected to add this summary on behalf of any users who might have wanted to add some intelligent commentary (the Yanks call it their right to 'free speech') but couldn't because this thread was locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back