• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

C3 Howitzer Replacement

I think those systems even the Boxer Turret are designed to be fitted on most standard chassis with minimal modifications. That to me is the bigger winner of the systems.
That truck mounted 155 could even put a pintle hitch behind it and tow a few more rounds if they wanted.

Any suitable truck would do - 1 driver course for gunners and loggies.

Any suitable truck would do - 1 driver course for gunners and loggies.
I would sell off our Mack Defense trucks and buy Kenworth C500 Bed Trucks, The flat deck ones could double as offroad Recovery also. You can buy them in different configurations.
5363852a-a890-499a-924b-4705c5e0eefa.jpg

I would sell off our Mack Defense trucks and buy Kenworth C500 Bed Trucks, The flat deck ones could double as offroad Recovery also. You can buy them in different configurations.
5363852a-a890-499a-924b-4705c5e0eefa.jpg
Kenworth are assembled in Canada at the PACCAR plant in Quebrc.

Kenworth are assembled in Canada at the PACCAR plant in Quebrc.
Then its a given that is what will be purchased even if the CAF doesn't want them.

"Look what we bought you!! Not so shiny new trucks - in camo colours of course!!!"

Be good for the bridging equipment we desperately need
Those Bed trucks are amazing at what they can do and where they can do it. Then put Flotation tires on them or tracks they have some even better capabilities.
Those trucks would serve 99% of our needs and Could be supplied with armored cabs, One the C500 series of truck would fit the bill for 99% of our needs. From Winch tractors tank transporters, to these bed trucks for service support functions.

Just to go back a bit, are not Svc Bn's tasked with RAS anymore?

Ok
Just to go back a bit, are not Svc Bn's tasked with RAS anymore?
Yes but no. Based on recent experiences one can't expect a SVC Bn to secure the rear area and do it's primary tasks. There simply isn't the redundancy nor the expertise to do so.

That said it is completely mission and theater specific but in general I suspect that RAS will be a deliberate task not an afterthought to the Svc Bn

Ok

Yes but no. Based on recent experiences one can't expect a SVC Bn to secure the rear area and do it's primary tasks. There simply isn't the redundancy nor the expertise to do so.

That said it is completely mission and theater specific but in general I suspect that RAS will be a deliberate task not an afterthought to the Svc Bn
We simply do not have the personal, or the training any more. I do not know about the reg force, but RAS I'd definitely not on the radar in the PRes.

We simply do not have the personal, or the training any more. I do not know about the reg force, but RAS I'd definitely not on the radar in the PRes.
Nor should it be really. Given the part time nature it is better to focus on core skills. That said by virtue of the environment there are tactical level skills that are inherent to just doing army things that would apply at the pl/section/soldier level that form aspects of RAS. But to practice doctrinal RAS for the sake of saying a SVC Bn does RAS outside of cloth model/sandbox PD to get folks thinking type stuff would be silly IMHO

If the Svc Bn is doing RAS you won't get your CSupps... so pick the one you'd rather have ;)

So just who is going to handle Rear Area Security on the dispersed battlefield with GLOCs of hundreds of kilometers?

Do you want your vehicles recovered and repaired (second line), your ammunition delivered, your rations and supplies delivered?

The Svc Bns have had significant restructures and reductions over the years, tasking them to provide institutional (third line) support on base as well.

If you prioritize base support, that's the output you will receive.

So just who is going to handle Rear Area Security on the dispersed battlefield with GLOCs of hundreds of kilometers?

Depth formations... it's not like every rifleman is on the front line.

Although we try to make you believe that, of course ;)

Depth formations... it's not like every rifleman is on the front line.

Although we try to make you believe that, of course ;)

I'm just trying to figure out where all these riflemen are coming from.

Back