• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

c6 gear needed badly

Kevins833

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm having trouble finding some shit for a c6 online, im looking for the following:

an ammo teaser bag like this one https://peosoldier.army.mil/portfolio/sw/csw/M240B_CAP.pdf

a british type sling with quick release

and one of those forward hand grip peices, i saw one on an american GPMG once but i cant find a picture anywhere
it looked like it mounted right where the spring mounts on the c6 COAX

if anyone could point me in the right direction that would be appreciated, or if anyone knows where to get this shit in edmonton let me know...

thanks

What sort of time frame?

I have a buddy at FNMI - I think I can source the bag.

Sling -- go see your MAT-TECH.

Grip -- not going to happen on a C6 -- unless you homebuild -- the Mk48 has lower rails but the C6/M240's dont.

If you want to play homegunsmith...

For the sling, I suggest you have a look at Specter Gear's M-249 SAW sling.  Although intended for the M-249/C-9, I'm sure it'd do the trick for the C-6.
http://www.spectergear.com/saw_sop_sling.htm

As for the ammo bag, pm me as I might be able to get something worked out for you.

I saw a number of Marines from 13 MEU running around with the "ball sack" on C6s in California, not sure if they would be willing to sell one though...

I believe it was issue to them, but they did'nt like it much, rounds became tangled in the bag, causing stoppages, and the plastic part broke on the gun, melted, or fell off and broke.

Kevin(s)  Matt Fisher is working on a soft drum for the c6 that we should be able to buy in time for tour.  Go! I have had the same ammo fouling or twisting in soft c9 bags, Matt has some thoughts on correcting it.  As for a sling Kev I will give you a hand with the mat tech when we get some time next week.

The soft bag for the C( was fine in the 100 round size,I did pull in all the 200 round bags due to the belt getting tangled in them on Roto 0.The C6 soft bag is not the be all end all, we used to "liberate" the 50 round solid drums from the tankers in Germany,theey were an outstanding piece of gear,much better than a soft bag and allowed the gun to get into the fight while the rest of the gun crew got the remaining belts ready to use. The solid drums are in the system,as no doubt are the soft bags,get an NSN and order them,no need for a purchse order.

The C6 soft bag requires a different feed tray (one that allows the bag to clip into it)
  - So  it is not easy to simply DIY it.
I have seen (and tried myself when I was a C6 gunner) an attaempt to paracord a bag thru the old dust cover holes (with the dust/ejection covers all gone from our C6's) - but the bag then flops and blocks ejection causing more problems that it solves.

If one can design one -- I woudl recommdned having stiffer sides and a elastic of some sort to keep it "tight" so the rounds can't flop.

IMHE - the best way is to simply wrap a 20-30rd teaser over the gun - keep another short 60-80rds easily accessable with the gunner, and have the #2 a ready 220 belt as well (pull the extra crap you gotta carry). 

I ran a 880 belt out of my London Bridge "Ranger Pack" (the old 75th RR issue pack) guntape a section of the zipper and it was easily to help the belt out in lengths as I need to fire.

London Bridge Trading Co. (same that made my bag - and my link above) made the backpack belt holders that DLR itended to source via IOR (but never did - go figure) - howeve they no longer make them -- they may still build for special order if you ask.

As Mg34 states the 200 soft carriers for the C9 are ASS.

Well thanks for the help boys, Im holding off on the bag for now, gonna see if our unit buys it for us, im having a bag made for my vest for the ammo so i can pull it out asap.

and MJP.. Its cosmo man.  ;D

Back