• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cadets Asked To Leave Mall

PB&J said:
Well in that case lets draft the entire RCAC....

*shudder*

Maybe a cheque from the mall for the estimated ammount of donations that would have been collected may be in order? It could be taken out of that guards pay ;D

PB&J said:
Well in that case lets draft the entire RCAC....

Royal Canadian Armoured Corps?  >:D

We don't want to go.  Jack Layton has brain washed us, we are all moving to BC and going to farm natural blueberry juice in the interior wetlands with grizzly bear feathers.  Kume-bye-ya! 

Mud Recce Man said:
natural blueberry juice in the interior wetlands with grizzly bear feathers.  Kume-bye-ya! 

Natural blueberry juice is evil in the eyes of Taliban Jack. It has to be Blueberry flavoured Green Iced Tea.....

Mud Recce Man said:
Most of them are kids that aren't out setting homes and sheds on fire and pulling guns on people.

Oops. You mean I'm not supposed to do that?

;D ;)

yoman said:
Oops. You mean I'm not supposed to do that?

;D ;)

lol NO!  Study, eat lots of fruits and vegetables, honour thy mother and thy father, and share the XBox.

Its not my birthday.

its my un-birthday.

I decided I am going to start getting younger again...starting today.

I got the idea from Mork from Ork (you will probably have to google that one me thinks  :blotto:).

I just have to find a big a$$ egg now...and a striped shirt to go with my red pants...and...

LOL, I still remember Mork and Mindy, but for those of you who don't:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mork_&_Mindy

MRM, I can totally see you crawling out of an egg!

Disturbing to say the least.

However, whenever my corps fundraised, this is why we were sure every group had copies of the permit we attained, as well as a letter from the property owner stating their support.

[Edited for clarity]

Like any proper Orkan, he gave birth to the child himself--or rather to the man: Orkans start out as adults and become younger as they age. It's just another one of those cultural differences that make Orkans--and Mork--so unique.

Sure, this show seems.... "interesting" to say the least.

I like the idea of getting younger though. But I still want to waite another 30 years or so before it starts.

yoman said:
Sure, this show seems.... "interesting" to say the least.

I like the idea of getting younger though. But I still want to waite another 30 years or so before it starts.

Well I figured that I would do the "turn around" at 35.  ;D

Its ok.  Next month is HLs unbirthday too!  I have to think of a good unbirthday present for her..maybe a fancy egg cracker or something...hmmmmmmm.

Mud Recce Man said:
lol NO!  Study, eat lots of fruits and vegetables, honour thy mother and thy father, and share the XBox.

Just out of idle curiosity.... is there not a saying out there that you shouldn't eat fruits or vegetables.... After all you are what you eat..... ;D ;D ;D

Some of you guys really do like to jump all over things ...., don't you?

The security guys were just doing their jobs; when I worked mall security (part time, while in school), we had groups in all the time doing fundraising, and unfortunately, many groups (parents included) like to use kids in improper ways for "fundraising".  I wont go into details, but unfortunately, its an issue.

Should poppies being sold be a big deal to management? No, I sure hope not.  But when you are paid by mall management to do a job, which includes making sure only vendors or pre-approved community groups are conducting "activities", then you do your job.

Two things should have happend here:

1) The legion/corps should have called the mall. Since they own the property, and not the stores, they are in a position to speak for all the retailers and the owners.  And would have made sure the security guys knew.

2) The security guys should have gotten a boss on the phone.  Now, maybe they did, and couldn't reach a mall manager or whatever.  Tons of whatifs.
'

[edited to better reflect my intent and in recognition of the sensitive nature of the topic. My bad and my apologies to any and all offended in error.]

Meridian said:
You guys really do like to jump all over things half-cocked, don't you?

The security guys were just doing their jobs; when I worked mall security (part time, while in school), we had groups in all the time doing fundraising, and unfortunately, many groups (parents included) like to use kids in improper ways for "fundraising".  I wont go into details, but unfortunately, its an issue.

Are poppies a big deal? No. Not at all.  But when you are paid by mall management to do a job, which includes making sure only vendors or pre-approved community groups are conducting "activities", then you do your job.

1) The legion/corps should have called the mall. Since they own the property, and not the stores, they are in a position to speak for all the retailers and the owners.  And would have made sure the security guys knew.

2) The security guys should have gotten a boss on the phone.  Now, maybe they did, and couldn't reach a mall manager or whatever.  Tons of whatifs.
Cadets. Selling poppies for the Legion.

Cadets.

Selling poppies.

For the Legion.

The Legion.

Yeah, like that's never happened in that mall before.

Cadets.

The Legion. ::)

Meridian said:

Are poppies a big deal? No. Not at all.  But when you are paid by mall management to do a job, which includes making sure only vendors or pre-approved community groups are conducting "activities", then you do your job.

And further to what Para has stated, the mall management has apologized to the cadet corp, and invited them back. It seems that "Management" has had a problem communicating with their security people. Which you would have noticed if you had read through the entire thread.

P.S. Great response Para!!!!!

oh...come on.  seriously...

these were Cadets selling poppies.

Have we slipped that far that this is REALLY something that they couldn't have done what, IMHO, would have been the decent thing and let them stay?

If you say no...then please drive down to the local Legion and explain, with a printed copy of what you just posted, enough copies for EACH of the Vet's that are members of that Legion, and explain to them why Cadets selling poppies was something that needed to be "sorted out".

Jesus christ man.

CDF applies in this situation ALWAYS.

Did some of the shoppers complain?  Did the Cadets start sellin' crack and polishing off quarts of rum and harassing people??????

::)

You said...

"Are poppies a big deal?  No.  Not at all".

You gonna stick to that comment?

Poppies ARE a big deal.

Again.  Go to the Legion.  And explain your comments to the Vet's there.

Security guys doin' their jobs?   ::)

Get a grip.  Stop sticking up for our "rent a cop" friends...and show some decency to the people these Cadets were doing the good deed for.

wtf.  I mean...wtf?

Jump all over things?  half-cocked?

Fundraising as you speak about IS NOT the same thing as selling poppies.  

Grab your head.  Pull hard.  

Sorry if you think this is harsh.

I think your "loyalty to my former co-workers" is harsh...in line of the topic of this thread.

So if...say...some widows of vets show up to sell poppies in said mall...and aren't "pre approved" we should what?  

Shit like what you posted just makes me shake my head....

Meridian said:

Are poppies a big deal? No. Not at all.  .

Really? Well to me they are a big deal, they represent over 100,000 Canadian lives lost in TWO world wars, and who gave YOU the right to say stupid things like in your quote.

Now a new generation Of Canadians, both serving and not, are becomming aware of yet again more Canadian lives lost in this new war in Afghanistan.

I am happy to see you are no longer serving.

Wes

Wesley 'Over There' (formerly Down Under) said:
Really? Well to me they are a big deal, they represent over 100,000 Canadian lives lost in TWO world wars, and who gave YOU the right to say stupid things like in your quote.

Now a new generation Of Canadians, both serving and not, are becomming aware of yet again more Canadian lives lost in this new war in Afghanistan.

I am happy to see you are no longer serving.

Wes

I think he meant that the selling of poppies within the mall was not a distraction or security risk (therefore "not a big deal"), not that poppies do not represent anything important.

At least I hope he meant it in that context, because poppies are a very powerful symbol of sacrifice and loss in war IMHO.

Our local cadet corps (318 RCACC) does a remarkable job each year selling poppies for Legion branches in two communities.  They are in the local mall but I think they are not in the main part.  They also push the wheelchairs of our veterans who cannot march on Nov. 11th.  I cannot say enough good about them.  That being said, the malls seem to be extremely wary of having accidents happen on their property.  Our ANAVETS group sells calendars every year as a major fund-raiser and we have been told we cannot sell in the mall unless we get liability insurance.  A retailer in the mall invites us to sell inside his store to get around the mall management's rules.  It seems the cadets in the Regina mall were victims of the same sort of mind-set.  I think this is ridiculous.  The poppy symbolizes the sacrifices made so we can enjoy our freedoms today - including having malls!  Lest we forget........

Back