• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CADPAT Combat Gloves

soldiers301

Inactive
Reaction score
Does anyone have info about the CADPAT Combat Gloves ? Clothe The Soldier website say that the contract has been awarded.

Here is a link to a photo of them.

http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/Chief_Land_Staff/Clothe_the_soldier/hab/Photo_f.asp?Ref=722&Photo=9015

Nice looking gloves  :eek:

Oh, great!, think I'll find them when I drop them on a FTX ?, dough!

I got issued them about 3 weeks ago and IMO they are Sh1t like the winter CBT gloves, don't get them dirty, don't touch POL etc etc etc, they are issued skin tight so no more liners  (though you can request and get issued a size larger) oh and you can't wear them to rappel as of now seeing as you need liners to rappel and the recent RM course ran here in Pet by 3RCR the staff and canditades told the rapplers they were a no go for rappeling (not sure if that is a CF wide policy or just a spur of the moment decision), the supposed operating temp for the use of the gloves is +5 to +35, basicly the gloves are a look pretty thing with no real use IMO but hey your free to make up your own mind of course.

HitorMiss said:
I got issued them about 3 weeks ago and IMO they are Sh1t like the winter CBT gloves, don't get them dirty, don't touch POL etc etc etc, they are issued skin tight so no more liners (though you can request and get issued a size larger) oh and you can't wear them to rappel as of now seeing as you need liners to rappel and the recent RM course ran here in Pet by 3RCR the staff and candidates told the rapplers they were a no go for rappeling (not sure if that is a CF wide policy or just a spur of the moment decision), the supposed operating temp for the use of the gloves is +5 to +35, basically the gloves are a look pretty thing with no real use IMO but hey your free to make up your own mind of course.

It was a decision made because there was no direction either way, and hence its better to be safe and go with what you know....

I received my gloves, and counter to HitorMiss' opinion, I like them. You are to avoid POL products, but you can get them dirty. They are hand washed and hung dry, of course they will shrink a bit like any true leather glove when they dry. I used mine on the ranges (both c7 and 9mm) and found i had a good feel and no real loss in minute manual dexterity. My group feel they are a good glove, and we should have gotten issued 2 pr. The second one a little larger to use with liners for cooler temps.

HitorMiss said:
I got issued them about 3 weeks ago and IMO they are Sh1t like the winter CBT gloves, don't get them dirty, don't touch POL etc etc etc, they are issued skin tight so no more liners   (though you can request and get issued a size larger) oh and you can't wear them to rappel as of now seeing as you need liners to rappel and the recent RM course ran here in Pet by 3RCR the staff and canditades told the rapplers they were a no go for rappeling (not sure if that is a CF wide policy or just a spur of the moment decision), the supposed operating temp for the use of the gloves is +5 to +35, basicly the gloves are a look pretty thing with no real use IMO but hey your free to make up your own mind of course.

I'm with him.
junk, sheer junk. I'll stick to my hatch street guards thank you very much.
Greg

I too agree. Complete garbage, I don't have a good thing to say about them. Next time I dress up as a frog for halloween then maybe yes, but I will never use them as long as I'm in the army.
Last time I checked, we didn't need a glove for temperatures between 5 and 30 degrees. How about replacing our equally crappy garrigloves, so instead of having a huge glove that you can't work with and can't keep you hands warm, we could get some that are half the size, half the price and twice as effective.
I usually don't complain about kit because I think we got some good stuff, but our gloves are right out to lunch.
Cheers

You POL gloves...

What you didn't get them issued yet?

NO, I am serious.

Folks
I think the gloves are not to keep you warm. Just to cam your hands.Or maybe the cool thing. I am starting to believe that, someone in Ottawa had seen the soldier if 2120. In Military Digest, back a few yrs ago. It had a futuristic Soldier, dressed all in Cam. A CadPat design ballistic suit head to toe and Cam weapon. He looked damn close to the Cloth the Soldier model.
As a RM myself, you require lined or double leather gloves. It is required. I wore a pair of rappel gloves. They burned through faster than my hands did.

They're not to keep you warm. Part of the reason that I think they're lame. It just doesn't seem that we are in dire need of a glove to cam your hands and walk through the bush with. Heres an idea straight out of left field and I know, it's a little crazy. But how bout instead of using cheesy gloves to cam our hands, WE USE CAM PAINT!! :D It's proven effective and cheaper. ;D

As people use them more, they are liking them. Being in a job where I want to protect my hands (and quickly switch to medical gloves) from dirt, injury, and all those bad things that you to your hands in the fd, I really like them and wish they would issue us more then one pair.

1.Does anyone have any pics to post of the new gloves?
2.Are they a thick glove?Like the old black outer or more close to the issued flight glove?
3.What exactly are the restrictions on them?Are they functional or just a look cool thing?
4.Is the sizing system accurate or is it like the CWW glove(one size to small,next size to big)
5.Are they durable in a field setting or do they fall apart?
6.Do they have some water resistance?

Thanks in advance for the awnsers!

http://www.army.dnd.ca/cts/2/231_e.asp

Here's the link for them.

They're not really thick, kinda like the old outers, but thinner and cadpat ^-^
They are pretty functional ie; weapons handling and such can be done rather easy with them, but I think they could have thought of something better.
Not sure if they stand up to wear and tear yet, haven't had them long enough.
And yes they do have SOME water resistance, but they'll soak it up sooner than later.

Hope I answered all your questions.

Back