• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CADPAT Rain Gear

PuckChaser said:
Did you hear the sounds of muskets and cannon fire in the background when you got told that? Some old dinosaurs need to relax a bit.

That could have been recceguy reminiscing with his souveniers from the "glory days".  ;D

NL_engineer said:
Have already been told that (within hours of the issue)  ::), I can only use it if the weather is questionable (any chance of rain and most of us wear them), or in the field.

Ummm.... excluding the issue of wearing CADPAT fleece & soft cap in garrison, I think that wearing any piece of kit should be a matter of common sense.

If it is too hot for a parka, then the combat jacket comes out.
if it is too hot for a combat jacket, then the lightweight gortex jacket comes out
If it is too hot for the lightweight......

NL_engineer said:
Have already been told that (within hours of the issue)  ::), I can only use it if the weather is questionable (any chance of rain and most of us wear them), or in the field.

It's the inverse of the nonsense of when I was jacked up for wearing my combat jacket during rain in the summer....

Just a Sig Op said:
It's the inverse of the nonsense of when I was jacked up for wearing my combat jacket during rain in the summer....

I guess it depends where you are, I wore mine while instructing at CTC Gagetown and got no grief over it.

The NFLD Grinch said:
I guess it depends where you are, I wore mine while instructing at CTC Gagetown and got no grief over it.

sooo... a question of who you are.... instructor VS candidate >:D

geo said:
Ummm.... excluding the issue of wearing CADPAT fleece & soft cap in garrison, I think that wearing any piece of kit should be a matter of common sense.

If it is too hot for a parka, then the combat jacket comes out.
if it is too hot for a combat jacket, then the lightweight gortex jacket comes out
If it is too hot for the lightweight......

For garrison we have the chose on in between days to wear the combat jacket and sweat, or wear the combat shirt and be cold.
PuckChaser said:
Did you hear the sounds of muskets and cannon fire in the background when you got told that? Some old dinosaurs need to relax a bit.

geo said:

It was passed down by my COC, they don't agree with it, but you know how it goes  ::), someone high up thinks uniformity is higher then comfort (seeing the new raingear is only being issued to deploying troops).
geo said:

He was the guy wearing the combat coat in the rain  ;D

NL_engineer said:
seeing the new raingear is only being issued to deploying troops

I was under the impression that everyone at a CMBG base was issued them already. I mean, Kingston is scheduled to get them in Jan 09 and we almost get things after CIC officers.

PuckChaser said:
I was under the impression that everyone at a CMBG base was issued them already.
If you've been following the thread, you'd note that as of the start of this month the contract had still not been signed for the CTS provision of these jackets:  http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/22851/post-787244.html#msg787244

Those that are in the system were bought on MRs in order to provide a temporary capability to troops preparing to deploy.

PuckChaser said:
I was under the impression that everyone at a CMBG base was issued them already. I mean, Kingston is scheduled to get them in Jan 09 and we almost get things after CIC officers.

I am only going off what I was told (by a supply Tech MCPL)

http://www.winnipegsun.com/news/winnipeg/2009/01/19/8077796.html

City firm wins military rainsuit contract
By Sun Media
Last Updated: 19th January 2009, 4:22pm

Winnipeg's Peerless Garments has won a multi-million-dollar contract from the federal government to provide rain suits to Canadian soldiers.

Peerless will manufacture 74,000 hooded rain jackets, 74,000 rain pants, and extra hoods for the Department of National Defence between now and 2011.

The suits will feature Canadian Disruptive Pattern (CADPAT) camouflage.

The contract is worth $32.5 million to the Winnipeg company.

The government tendered the contract last year and received four bids, but said Peerless was the only company that met all the mandatory requirements.

The company is expected to deliver its first shipment of rain suits to the Canadian Forces some time this spring.

From what I was told at supply here in Shilo, the rainsuits are restricted for the time being, meaning no exchanges or issues. I guess it means I'd best not render it N/S before the new rainsuits start coming in... lol.

Big Foot said:
From what I was told at supply here in Shilo, the rainsuits are restricted for the time being, meaning no exchanges or issues. I guess it means I'd best not render it N/S before the new rainsuits start coming in... lol.

And they'd have told you the truth.  ;)

We've got 92 line items restricted right now in the Army ...

ArmyVern said:
And they'd have told you the truth.  ;)

We've got 92 line items restricted right now in the Army ...

Wow. Is that because we're running out of them?

daftandbarmy said:
Wow. Is that because we're running out of them?
Possibly for some items.  In the case of the new rain gear it is because we've only aquired such small numbers so far.  In the case of other things I would suspect hoarding is also part of the problem.  Would you believe the TacVest is a difficult item because units (who used to be responsible for signing them to soldiers) will not return stock which is now above entitlement?

MCG said:
Possibly for some items.  In the case of the new rain gear it is because we've only aquired such small numbers so far.  In the case of other things I would suspect hoarding is also part of the problem.  Would you believe the TacVest is a difficult item because units (who used to be responsible for signing them to soldiers) will not return stock which is now above entitlement?

Problem in your neck of the woods?  ;D

Someone is HOARDING TacVests?! Who are they?! They can HAVE mine! ;D

Even the OLD olive drab rain gear is restricted right now ... not enough kit to kit all the students and staff (that`s right ... here in Gagetown we are all still in the old OD stuff) out ... and they are coming first now in the order of priority. 

Just run a DIN search on:

CLS Op Clothing Strategic Plan

to see what`s up in the world of restrictions on Army kit.

...will manufacture 74,000 hooded rain jackets, 74,000 rain pants, and extra hoods ....
Well, thank goodness for that! I can't recall the number of times I was desperately short of a rain jacket hood! ~whew~

Journeyman said:
Well, thank goodness for that! I can't recall the number of times I was desperately short of a rain jacket hood! ~whew~

I think the hood for my new rain jacket is in the trunk of my car, and the one on my Gor-tex is only out to be repacked after a wash  ;D.  You can guess how much I wear a hood in uniform.
ArmyVern said:
Even the OLD olive drab rain gear is restricted right now ... not enough kit to kit all the students and staff (that`s right ... here in Gagetown we are all still in the old OD stuff) out ... and they are coming first now in the order of priority. 

Just run a DIN search on:

CLS Op Clothing Strategic Plan

to see what`s up in the world of restrictions on Army kit.

Hey Vern if you are still short Tac Vests you can have mine, all I want is to have it off my docs,  and a note to wear my chest rig  ;D

The local rag informed me that a local Winnipeg company has been awarded the contract for this new rain gear.

Back