• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CADPAT Rain Gear

NFLD Sapper said:
but...........  he started it .........................

Don't make me come back there!  So help me, if I have to stop this car....

;D

NFLD Sapper - you may know me....I am the Hansom Capt in Green

Eye In The Sky said:
Hansom eh?  :)

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/hansom

Is it just me, or are other people having fun with the "pronounce - speaker" buttons too?

CANFORGEN 134/09 CLS 026/09 211450Z JUL 09
DISTRIBUTION OF CONVERGED CADPAT RAINSUIT (CCR)
UNCLASSIFIED

REF: 30000-1 DLR 5-4-2 DPD CONVERGED RAINSUIT 00000937 05 MAY 09 CADPAT CONVERGED RAINSUIT (CCR) FIELDING PLAN

THE PURPOSE OF THIS CANFORGEN IS TO INFORM ALL CF PERSONNEL OF THE FIELDING OF THE NEW CLOTHE THE SOLDIER (CTS) CONVERGED CADPAT RAINSUIT (CCR). THE FIELDING PLAN CAN BE READ AT HTTP://VCDS.MIL.CA/CLS/DMCS/FILESO/DMCS-60759.PDF
THE AIR FORCE (AF) INITIALLY DEVELOPED A RAIN JACKET AND PANT ENSEMBLE USING THE WATER, MOISTURE VAPOUR PERMEABLE (WMVP) TECHNOLOGY INCORPORATING ANTI-STATIC PROPERTIES INTO THE TEXTILE TO ADDRESS THE REQUIREMENTS OF THEIR FLIGHT LINE PERSONNEL. THE CONVERGENCE WITH THE AF RAINSUIT ALLOWS THE ARMY TO OPTIMIZE THE CURRENT DESIGN WHILE ADDING MODIFICATIONS THAT INCLUDE CUSTOMIZED FIT OPTIONS, IMPROVED VENTILATION AND ADDITIONAL POCKETS. THE CCR IS AVAILABLE IN BOTH CADPAT TW AND AR MAKING IT COMPATIBLE WITH OTHER IN-SERVICE COMBAT CLOTHING
THE CCR FIELDING PLAN IS A PHASED ROLL OUT WITH FULL ISSUE TO BE COMPLETED IN 3 YEARS. PLEASE REFER TO THE FIELDING PLAN FOR DETAILS ON THE DISTRIBUTION. ALL CF CLOTHING STORES ARE TO SUPPORT THE DISTRIBUTION OF THE CCR IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE FIELDING PLAN
ALL LAND FORCE PERSONNEL, BOTH REGULAR AND RESERVE, WILL BE ISSUED A NEW CADPAT RAINSUIT. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE FIELDING PLAN, DISTRIBUTION WILL BE DONE BASED ON ENTITLEMENTS AND A DETAILED FIELDING SCHEDULE. UNITS ARE TO NOTE THAT THERE WILL BE MIXED FLEETS OF THE 2-IN-1 RAINSUIT AND THE CCR FOR UP TO THREE YEARS. THE OG-107 IS THE INTERIM RAINSUIT UNTIL EACH UNIT COMES UP IN THE FIELDING PLAN
THERE ARE TO BE NO, REPEAT NO, MODIFICATIONS TO THE NEW RAINSUIT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE REMOVAL OF THE REFLECTIVE STRIPS AND OR THE CUTTING OUT OF THE LINER
THERE WILL BE NO EXCHANGE OF AF 2-IN-ONE RAINSUITS THAT ARE CURRENTLY HELD BY ARMY PERSONNEL FOR THE CCR. IF A 2-IN-1 IS DAMAGED AND RETURNED, IT WILL BE REPLACED WITH AN OG-107 RAINSUIT UNTIL THE ENTIRE ARMY HAS RECEIVED THE CCR AND THE STOCK IS BUILT UP AS PLANNED. THE MAINTENANCE CONCEPT FOR THE CCR IS ANNEX B TO THE FIELDING PLAN. DAMAGED RAINSUITS WILL NOT BE REPLACED, THEY WILL BE REPAIRED, IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE MAINTENANCE PLAN
QUESTION ON THE FIELDING PLAN WITH RESPECT TO OUTCAN AND OR SMALL MISSIONS MAY BE ADDRESSED TO LCOL C.A. BRADDON, ARMY G34, VIA YOUR CHAIN OF COMMAND
SIGNED LGEN A.B.LESLIE, CLS

NFLD Sapper said:
CANFORGEN 134/09 CLS 026/09 211450Z JUL 09
DISTRIBUTION OF CONVERGED CADPAT RAINSUIT (CCR)
UNCLASSIFIED

REF: 30000-1 DLR 5-4-2 DPD CONVERGED RAINSUIT 00000937 05 MAY 09 CADPAT CONVERGED RAINSUIT (CCR) FIELDING PLAN

THE PURPOSE OF THIS CANFORGEN IS TO INFORM ALL CF PERSONNEL OF THE FIELDING OF THE NEW CLOTHE THE SOLDIER (CTS) CONVERGED CADPAT RAINSUIT (CCR). THE FIELDING PLAN CAN BE READ AT HTTP://VCDS.MIL.CA/CLS/DMCS/FILESO/DMCS-60759.PDF
THE AIR FORCE (AF) INITIALLY DEVELOPED A RAIN JACKET AND PANT ENSEMBLE USING THE WATER, MOISTURE VAPOUR PERMEABLE (WMVP) TECHNOLOGY INCORPORATING ANTI-STATIC PROPERTIES INTO THE TEXTILE TO ADDRESS THE REQUIREMENTS OF THEIR FLIGHT LINE PERSONNEL. THE CONVERGENCE WITH THE AF RAINSUIT ALLOWS THE ARMY TO OPTIMIZE THE CURRENT DESIGN WHILE ADDING MODIFICATIONS THAT INCLUDE CUSTOMIZED FIT OPTIONS, IMPROVED VENTILATION AND ADDITIONAL POCKETS. THE CCR IS AVAILABLE IN BOTH CADPAT TW AND AR MAKING IT COMPATIBLE WITH OTHER IN-SERVICE COMBAT CLOTHING
THE CCR FIELDING PLAN IS A PHASED ROLL OUT WITH FULL ISSUE TO BE COMPLETED IN 3 YEARS. PLEASE REFER TO THE FIELDING PLAN FOR DETAILS ON THE DISTRIBUTION. ALL CF CLOTHING STORES ARE TO SUPPORT THE DISTRIBUTION OF THE CCR IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE FIELDING PLAN
ALL LAND FORCE PERSONNEL, BOTH REGULAR AND RESERVE, WILL BE ISSUED A NEW CADPAT RAINSUIT. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE FIELDING PLAN, DISTRIBUTION WILL BE DONE BASED ON ENTITLEMENTS AND A DETAILED FIELDING SCHEDULE. UNITS ARE TO NOTE THAT THERE WILL BE MIXED FLEETS OF THE 2-IN-1 RAINSUIT AND THE CCR FOR UP TO THREE YEARS. THE OG-107 IS THE INTERIM RAINSUIT UNTIL EACH UNIT COMES UP IN THE FIELDING PLAN
THERE ARE TO BE NO, REPEAT NO, MODIFICATIONS TO THE NEW RAINSUIT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE REMOVAL OF THE REFLECTIVE STRIPS AND OR THE CUTTING OUT OF THE LINER
THERE WILL BE NO EXCHANGE OF AF 2-IN-ONE RAINSUITS THAT ARE CURRENTLY HELD BY ARMY PERSONNEL FOR THE CCR. IF A 2-IN-1 IS DAMAGED AND RETURNED, IT WILL BE REPLACED WITH AN OG-107 RAINSUIT UNTIL THE ENTIRE ARMY HAS RECEIVED THE CCR AND THE STOCK IS BUILT UP AS PLANNED. THE MAINTENANCE CONCEPT FOR THE CCR IS ANNEX B TO THE FIELDING PLAN. DAMAGED RAINSUITS WILL NOT BE REPLACED, THEY WILL BE REPAIRED, IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE MAINTENANCE PLAN
QUESTION ON THE FIELDING PLAN WITH RESPECT TO OUTCAN AND OR SMALL MISSIONS MAY BE ADDRESSED TO LCOL C.A. BRADDON, ARMY G34, VIA YOUR CHAIN OF COMMAND
SIGNED LGEN A.B.LESLIE, CLS

Already posted two pages back

Eye In The Sky said:
Hmmm.  Well, not to throw gas on a fire here, but I am sure the Army folks will be glad to hear they issued atleast 1 person I know at 12 Wing the new CCR.  I had assumed that the Air Force has issued out all of its 2-in-1 suits and was now giving out the CCR. 

You'll be even happier to know he is a 500-series type on PAT until sometimes in '10.

Just tried again here at 12 Wing and got shot down again. Go army.. :D

We just got our raingear issued last week  :).  But before even half of the forces have been issued there is one forsale on the  >:D EVIL EBay >:D

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Brand-New-GENUINE-CADPAT-Rain-Jacket-Size-7044_W0QQitemZ170378049578QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_2?hash=item27ab52b82a&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

How the hell does this guy get his hands on this stuff?

I got my issue of the Army raingear.... turned out it was CCR Pants with a 2 in 1 jacket. Still happy to have something that is actually waterproof, but I guess I'm stuck with my stealth jacket if the 2in1 rips in the field.

421 EME said:
We just got our raingear issued last week  :).  But before even half of the forces have been issued there is one forsale on the  >:D EVIL EBay >:D

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Brand-New-GENUINE-CADPAT-Rain-Jacket-Size-7044_W0QQitemZ170378049578QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_2?hash=item27ab52b82a&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

How the hell does this guy get his hands on this stuff?

Thievery?

So, despite "operational troops" and "high readiness units on notice to move" (being both myself) being a priority for issue of the CCR, I was still unable to have one issued to me today at good old CFSU(O) Clothing Stores.  ::)

PMedMoe said:
So, despite "operational troops" and "high readiness units on notice to move" (being both myself) being a priority for issue of the CCR, I was still unable to have one issued to me today at good old CFSU(O) Clothing Stores.  ::)

They just did their jobs. A read of the entire CCR fielding plan (including it's annexs) will reveal that there are specific dates for each Operational Unit indicated for issue. If your Unit's date has not arrived, you won't get it yet. The first operational Units on the list are those where the soldiers (even when not deployed) are actually working in a field enviornment - not the applic in NDHQ. As well, CTC schools are very high on the list as they (and their candidiates) work in a field enviornment (ie outside a building) for the majority of the time. Pers employed in HQs and Army pers serving with other enviornments come after all those operational troops.

If you are NTM as an individual within your Unit (ie your entire Unit is not on NTM), then the "Units on NTM" statement is not applicable. Pers who are only only "standby" or "backup" will be issued their CCR as soon as they are officially slated to actually deploy - vice standby.

I don't have access to the DIN to pull up the schedule that lists the issue dates for all Army Units, so I can't even forecast when you will get yours ... but 2 RCR only just got theirs ... you've got quite a while to wait yet. I do believe the dates for the rest of Gagetown were circa June 2010.

COBRA-6 said:
Thievery?

And, he's making a small fortune with his stolen goods too. From Toronto --- only selling one each of pretty much every kit item --- INCLUDING cadpat AR.

http://myworld.ebay.ca/save_more_sport_store/

Any of the Res F Units (or ASU pers) in that area have a proliferation of thefts of other troops' kit lately? I think I know where it is ...

ArmyVern said:
They just did their jobs. A read of the entire CCR fielding plan (including it's annexs) will reveal that there are specific dates for each Operational Unit indicated for issue. If your Unit's date has not arrived, you won't get it yet. The first operational Units on the list are those where the soldiers (even when not deployed) are actually working in a field enviornment - not the applic in NDHQ. As well, CTC schools are very high on the list as they (and their candidiates) work in a field enviornment (ie outside a building) for the majority of the time. Pers employed in HQs and Army pers serving with other enviornments come after all those operational troops.

If you are NTM as an individual within your Unit (ie your entire Unit is not on NTM), then the "Units on NTM" statement is not applicable. Pers who are only only "standby" or "backup" will be issued their CCR as soon as they are officially slated to actually deploy - vice standby.

I don't have access to the DIN to pull up the schedule that lists the issue dates for all Army Units, so I can't even forecast when you will get yours ... but 2 RCR only just got theirs ... you've got quite a while to wait yet. I do believe the dates for the rest of Gagetown were circa June 2010.

CFSME got theirs via advanced issue earlier this summer and I believe general issuse to the rest of CFB/CTC GAGETOWN is to be next month.

Ah, Vern, I knew you'd be on here to correct me sooner or later.  ;)

So what about personnel who are deploying?  Because I am, next month.

Unless its changed, you should get AR Raingear when you clear into NSE Clothing in KAF. That's where I got mine. I always thought it wierd deploying troops were getting TW raingear, only to have it sit in a Barrack Box for 7 months until they got home.

Why would you take the TW stuff with you anyway when everyone was told they would be getting the AR in theater?

PuckChaser said:
Unless its changed, you should get AR Raingear when you clear into NSE Clothing in KAF. That's where I got mine. I always thought it wierd deploying troops were getting TW raingear, only to have it sit in a Barrack Box for 7 months until they got home.

I hear ya.  I hope they've improved the AR rain gear since the last time I wore it.  Maybe I should pack my OD stuff, just in case.  Chances are, we won't have time to clear in.

Jammer, when I went in 2005, we took our OD rain gear with us.  Good thing we did because we handed in the AR gear over a month before the end of the tour so it could be issued to the new people coming in.

Back