• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Can an OT go on tour in previous MOC

OT02

Inactive
Reaction score
Can an OT from the Infantry apply to leave their current trade to go on tour with their previous trade if they so wish to do so.aND IF SO HOW DOES ONE APPLY FOR THIS. :cdn:

It is likely the most effective way to approach this is to talk to your chain of command.

Even if it is possible, some of the factors that might affect the probability of it happening are:  current trade and its personnel state, how long ago you OT'd, rank and qualification level in old trade (currency and availability of vacancies), training requirements to meet current trade specs in old trade, and flexibility of new trade and unit to release you for a tour.

I have never heard of anyone in the past 18 years get to go back to their trade they had just OT'd out of just for the sake of going on tour.

My advise is to go through the CoC and enquire, you never know.

Regards

I had a good friend get sick of the armd life and went to a blue trade.After a year and a bit there he realised he was better suited back where he came from,Summitted a memo,after a while for the paper work to go through and a whole lot of attention in front of desk he was back.However your old trade doesn't have to take you back,the BPSO should have told you that when you left it.

Also it's a good point Mr O'Leary put up.Also,If it was 10 years ago,you may not meet the requirements for your old trade anymore.

EX_RCAC_011 said:
I had a good friend get sick of the armd life and went to a blue trade.After a year and a bit there he realised he was better suited back where he came from,Summitted a memo,after a while for the paper work to go through and a whole lot of attention in front of desk he was back.However your old trade doesn't have to take you back,the BPSO should have told you that when you left it.

Also it's a good point Mr O'Leary put up.Also,If it was 10 years ago,you may not meet the requirements for your old trade anymore.

I'm assuming you mean that this guy remustered back to his old trade.......methinks that the original poster just wants to go on tour, not remuster back permanently.

cdnaviator said:
I'm assuming you mean that this guy remustered back to his old trade.......methinks that the original poster just wants to go on tour, not remuster back permanently.

Yep remustered.
That would be sweet,roll back to the infantry when their doing what you want to do ,then after go back to your other trade.Somehow my magic 8 ball says no.

However it's been wrong before.

EX_RCAC_011 said:
Somehow my magic 8 ball says no.

My new trade would never let me go and i made damned sure my old trade would never take me back  ;D

i agree, methinks this is not possible

I'd be lying if I didn't admit I've had the same fantasy.  I have to agree with Ex_RCAC_011 and cdnaviator that, I think, it probably isn't possible, but who knows, it's worth asking about.   Going through the CoC is good advice.

Maybe I'll mention it to the Career Manager when I see him this afternoon.....not! ;D

I have a friend who OT'd out of the Infantry into a spec2 trade, and now wants to OT back so he can go on tour and make more money than being spec2. 
I told him he was nuts:  1-They're shooting at you over there.  2-spec2 trade will give you a good civ job later.
I have some other personal thoughts on that but will shut up! :P

I know a few guys that have OT'd back into the Infantry cause they thought their new trades were f*@ked but they OT'd and I heard a rumour that they're not even offering engagement extensions to go on tour like they have in the past so I would seriously doubt you could hop back in for a tour.

OT02 said:
Can an OT from the Infantry apply to leave their current trade to go on tour with their previous trade if they so wish to do so.aND IF SO HOW DOES ONE APPLY FOR THIS. :cdn:
When the CDS visits(which is surprisingly often actually) he always says "If you want to go over, say the word". Its just bravado I know but even if he wanted it to happen, there are too many obstacles to deploying without actually remustering to the infantry. Its sure frustrating to be willing and able but still be excluded, despite the cries for personnel. The natural compulsion is to volunteer but there is no mechanism for this.
On a lighter note, I beat spider solitare on the hardest level for the second time. Took me about a thousand games tho, good thing I'm too important to deploy.

Back