• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Ski Marathon

There's usually a few mil guys that you may see actually doing it.

You'll also see some of the Comm Reservists from 763 Communications Regiment (Ottawa) manning some of the various checkpoints along the trail. Kind of an annual support activity they conduct.

This will be my first attempt at the CSM. I fly from England to Ottawa at the beginning of February, and will have a few days in hand to spend in Gatineau Park for some training on snow (haven't been on cross-country skis since a couple of trips to Norway 20 years ago...) to supplement the work in the gym.

Looking forward to it, but have no real idea of what it's going to be like. ;D

TheMadscanner said:
This will be my first attempt at the CSM. I fly from England to Ottawa at the beginning of February, and will have a few days in hand to spend in Gatineau Park for some training on snow (haven't been on cross-country skis since a couple of trips to Norway 20 years ago...) to supplement the work in the gym.

Looking forward to it, but have no real idea of what it's going to be like. ;D

You'll love it.  If you haven't already I'd suggest getting out on skis once or twice if possible for a bit of a refresher and to get those hip flexors up to snuff (trust me). Either way, If you're fit and determined you should be able to do, well, almost any distance. I'll be doing the Birkie out by Edmonton the same time, Im wondering the same thing, if anyone's going out for that one.

Back