• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Snacks for Space

PMedMoe

Army.ca Legend
Donor
Reaction score
Article Link

If you have a favourite tasty Canadian treat, astronaut Chris Hadfield wants to hear from you.

Hadfield will be going to the International Space Station in 2012 for six months, and he's asking for suggestions of "typical Canadian food" to take with him to share with the other astronauts.

"While there, if you do the math, I'll eat more than 500 meals and something like 300 snacks," Hadfield said in a message on the Canadian Space Agency website, where people can go to suggest their snacks.

"Just like on Earth, we share meals to come together," he said. "Help me bring some of my home with me to space."

More at link

Too bad poutine is out of the question.....    ;D

Don't know how well they'd travel to space, but Vachon snack cakes are pretty Canadian.

milnews.ca said:
Don't know how well they'd travel to space, but Vachon snack cakes are pretty Canadian.

Possibly too crumbly according to the guidelines:

Because of the weightless environment, the following criteria should be considered:

Low amount of crumbs.
No strong odours that will linger.
Items must be consumed directly from package.

So.....baked desserts from IMPs are good to go.....ever see one crumble?

Because of the weightless environment, the following criteria should be considered:

Low amount of crumbs.
No strong odours that will linger.
Items must be consumed directly from package.

Polar Ice (poltergeist) Vodka made by Corby Distilleries (Canada)

No crumbs;
No lingering odour; and,
Can be consumed directly from the bottle ;)

Hostess ketchup chips. Potential ensuing destruction of any ant farms will be well worth it...

Back