• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian "Support Our Troops" Ribbons, Bracelets, Pins, etc

cplwife said:
If people don't like them, don't buy one.  

......and there it is. I don't see the sense in trying to drag this thread down ....and off track, because some people interpret the saying differently than others. Quite simply, what Cplwife said, you don't have to buy this one. There are others. The whole point is that there are options out there to suit just about everyone. Cplwife was just offering one. It's up to you to pick what your comfortable with,....................just pick something, and show your support.

I bought six of them for family and friends, all well recieved and on the back of six vehicle right now. Thanks Cplwife for making these available and spending your time freely on your project to help others show support. :salute:

I just got the four that I ordered in the mail today!  They are awesome!  Thanks, cplwife!

Cplwife

Thanks for the conversation we had about my 6 yesterday. The "boy" will bring them home while on Xmas leave. I will now proudly display three different styles of support magnets on my truck. and the rest go into stockings for family members.

The bad news: Someone stole the "Support the troops" magnet off my car.
The good news: I found out who it was.
More Bad news: It was my wife.

Apparently someone lifted the one from our van, so she took matters into her own hands and took mine. :(

Time to make another trip out to the War Museum.

That would have been a "Pass it Forward" had you been so kind as to give her yours first.....Now the merry go round is going backwards.

I was big enough not to swipe it back, that's about as good as it gets for me. ;)

Canex here in Trenton just started selling the CADPAT window sticker one.  I'm going ot get one on payday to go with the yellow one my wife has on her side. It goes on the inside of a window so it can't be stolen.  It takes a heartless lowlife to steal any type of remembrance / support ribbon off of a vehicle. 
:cdn:

I'm sorry because this is a little off topic. I had just placed my order for all my support our troops swag but at the end it asked if I was an Authorized Cannex Patron for WYN. Now...there is NO Cannex anywhere near the lower mainland in BC, with the exception of Esquimalt and Commox...when will Cannex actually open up their on-line sales to members who cant just drive down the street to a Cannex? or have they already done that?!

I'm from Abbotsturd and I ordered thre of the CADPAT support our troops magnets and a bracelet for my son from Cannex, and they took as long as ottawa took to do my security checks :) ...however...they did eventually arrive.  I wasn't in any way affiliated with the CF at the time I ordered them so I'm not sure why you're having a problem.  Maybe give them a call.

Just got back from the Canex in Trenton, they have the NEWEST magno-ribbon.  AR CADPAT with "I support Red Fridays" as the center.
Go out and get one to support the troops.  It's wicked cool.  {yes, a 43 year old just said that..!}
Oh, and my friend in Petawawa is making and selling red scarves with a yellow ribbon on it.  All proceeds go to the Sapper Warrior Fund for quality of life items for hospitalized soldiers. Not sure how you can order, but I might be able to pass names on.
Now my van looks like a traveling magno-ribbon show.

Can you get the CADPAT magno ridbbons without then being bi-lingual?

I bought 3 at the CANEX in St. Jean before I left for stocking stuffers but I'd honestly prefer if English only was available (simply from an asthetic point of view).

Does that go from the rest of the Canex swag?  Cna I get a T-shirt that says Army on it without saying Armee?

I think everything outside of Quebec has the english and bilingual writings on them.
At my Canex here in Trenton, it's bilingual or straight French or English.
Both the CADPAT ribbons are bilingual. 
:cdn:

The Canex in Borden had a few of the new Arid Cadpat ribbons left, very nice!

Makes for handy stuffing stockers.

Don't forget, all you folks up in Pet, my friend is making about the Red Scarves and the proceeds go to the Sapper MActeague Wounded Warrior fund.  PM me if you want to order one and I'll pass on your info to her (in case you don't know who I'm talking about)

:salute: :cdn:

BYT Driver thanks for the wounded warrior plug. If any of you folks are interested in truly supporting the troops then check out this most worthy cause see the threads in Current Affairs and News under The Sapper Mike McTeague Wounded Warrior fund. In the event you just want a quick backgrounder see below.

If you are interested in really putting your money where your mouth is check it out. This is a very focused program that will deliver assistance to those that need it most with little or no administration costs. This fund is growing and getting support coast to coast from Canadians from all walks of life. Google "The Sapper Mike McTeague Wounded Warrior Fund" and check out some media hits etc.

Or check out the web site www.woundedwarriors.ca pretty basic right now but by Jan 1 it will mirror the Red Fridays site as the founder is my pro bono IT guy.

In the very near future we will be selling a magnet of our own very differant from the ribbons etc stay tuned

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello all

By way of introduction my name is Captain Wayne Johnston the founder of the fund. I should give you a backgrounder on how all this came about. I have known Sean McTeague (Mikes Dad) for some x30 years (we were Snr NCO's way back when in the Infantry) and when it came time for Mike to join the Army Reserves Sean contacted me. I recruited Mike and enrolled him (talk about full service now that I am his assisting officer). When Mike was wounded (Sept 18th bicycle suicide bombing) Sean asked that I be the assisting officer to accompany the Family to Germany. Upon return to Canada I have been still assisting Mike and the Family.  Words cannot explain how humbling, emotional, and yet so rewarding being a assisting officer to one of the wounded has been. Suffice to say it has been the most important work I have done in my 33 years service.

Mike is a miracle in that at one point he wasn't expected to live (when the family goes to Germany it isn't the best news) and then he was expected to lose his legs. Thank God this didn't happen and Mike is struggling and fighting hard to regain his mobility at St Johns Rehab in Toronto it will take a long time but he will get there.

In general the soldiers stay in Germany no more than 2 weeks. They are then moved on to a hospital in Canada, where location is dependant on the wounds and the hospitals ability to deal with them and the location of their family. Depending on the wounds hospital stays can be a week or two or months.

The fund was started because we noticed in Germany that the troops had very little in the way of their own. More to the point they had little to pass the time in the way of electronics and entertainment. In addition the support staff was spending out of their own pockets top get the little things in life. Thus this fund was born (over a few beer I might add) the mission is as follows;

The Sapper Mike McTeague Wounded Warrior Fund supports all Canadian Forces members wounded on operations, at the outset of their healing process. The fund aims to improve the general morale and welfare of the soldiers and their families by working through first-line caregivers, medical staff, chaplains and assisting officers.

The fund is designed to deliver quality of life, financial and benevolent assistance through three different programs

Direct Support and Donation Program:

When an injured soldier leaves an operational theatre, they do so quickly without warning. Sometimes they have with them just the clothes on their back and it is here where they are at their most vulnerable. This program sets out to alleviate this inconvenient deficiency by contributing "quality of life" items to the soldier. "Wounded Warrior Packs" will contain a variety of items as follows;

x1 CADPAT Wheelers Personnel Kit Bag Retail $99.00
x1 Portable DVD/MP3/CD player retail $250.00-$300.00
x1 Hudson's Bay blanket
x1 Team Canada Jersey
x1 ARMY Baseball cap
x1 ARMY Water bottle
A selection of DVD's and CD's
A selection of books
x1 large Canadian Flag
A selection of sweets
x1 Shave Kit

As you can see this is a large undertaking that will require large dollars, our wounded deserve nothing less as I am sure you will agree. In addition CF CCU (Critical Care Units) that care for our wounded coast to coast in numerous hospitals will be provided with an entertainment library of video games,CD's and DVD's with a loaner laptop (with all the toys). There are approx x15 of these unit incl Germany the value of each library is approx $10K. As you can see this is no small undertaking. As part of this program a small Padre's Contingency Fund has been established in Landstuhle Germany to aid in the morale of the soldiers. This fund has been established as of Nov 1st 06.

There has been some debate on is this the Govt's responsibility That being said I like many of my fellow CF members do not believe this is a issue that the tax payer should burden. DND is like any other Govt Dept by that I mean should the taxpayer pay for a Canadian Coast guardsman who is injured or for that matter any other Govt Dept. This is a very slippery slope to travel. The Regimental system provides to a degree with Regimental kit T shirts and the like. It is the mission of this fund to kick this up several notches.  While I understand the Regimental system has a version of a wounded pack this is clearly not the same. As a product of that very system I understand the pitfalls. I was speaking to a wounded chap today who got such a pack and nothing fit. In the end he gave it all to the hospital staff. Insofar as CFPSA goes I think we all know the answer to that one.

Family Assistance Program:

Hospital stays, while stressful for the patient, can be equally stressful for the soldiers family, both mentally and financially. This program will reduce this impact by augmenting existing CF support programs. As some soldiers will be in hospital longer than others, the fund is intended to function over the long term, catering to the specific needs of each case. It is here where we will address the issue of TV rentals and such . The issue of TV rentals while very important isn't the only issue in this matter.

Fisher House Endowment:

The Fisher House is a unique program similar to the renowned Ronald MacDonald House charity. Fisher House supports the families of those receiving critical medical care by providing free accommodation, near the hospital in Landstuhle Germany. While the Fisher houses were started to provide assistance to the families of wounded US service people they have opened their arms to Canadians. Fisher Houses rely on donations. Therefore it is the goal of the fund to provide a one-time donation of $20K Cdn to the Fisher House in Germany. This donation will be dependant on the requirement of the other two programs.

In the event you wish to discuss this matter or indeed have wish to assist in any way call me at work Ph# 416 633 6200 x5505 Cell 416 275 7448 or via email johnston.gw@forces.gc.ca

I would be remiss if I didn't mention that cheques can be made payable to the "Sapper Mike McTeague Wounded Warrior Fund" and sent to the following;

The Sapper Mike McTeague Wounded Warrior Fund
PO Box# 141
Stn, Brooklin
Whitby, Ontario L1M 1B5

We are in the process of incorporation as we speak, once completed we will gain tax charity status. In addition a web site is up and running www.woundedwarriors.ca pretty basic right now more to follow. If any of you folks out there want to help in any way be sure to email me.

Wayne Johnston
Captain

When I first got my car magnet, I was one of a few. The past month I have seen a lot more cars with them, and that is in a city not known for very military support on its sleeves(Toronto)

Just thought I'd mention that there is a lot of silent support out there.

Just came back from Pet on friday.  My friend gave us some Scarves to show and sell.  They are very nice and hand made.  Red arctic fleece with a yellow ribbon on one end, my 9er says it is very snuggly and compfy.  We can and will take orders, PM me with details.  Remeber all proceeds go to the Wounded Warrior Fund, so far, my friend has made about $500.
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL.

BYT Driver said:
Just came back from Pet on friday.  My friend gave us some Scarves to show and sell.  They are very nice and hand made.  Red arctic fleece with a yellow ribbon on one end, my 9er says it is very snuggly and compfy.  We can and will take orders, PM me with details.  Remeber all proceeds go to the Wounded Warrior Fund, so far, my friend has made about $500.
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL.

Do you have pictures and prices?

Ok, let's try this again.
Hi Folks, here are some photos of the red scarves my friend in Petawawa makes by hand.
Enjoy and order if you want some, she is soon going to start using paypal becuase of so many orders.  If local to me, I deliver. 

Back