• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cancel IE25 Contract?

mag1987

Inactive
Reaction score
im not sure if this is a unique situation..

i signed an IE25 in February 2012, and my initial contract was due to end in December 2012.. due to unforseen circumstances i was curious if there is a process to revoke my new contract before it takes effect?

Thanks

I'm 99.9% sure you can still release right up until the end of the day prior to your next contract coming into effect with no negative effects.

Thats excellent if you are correct,

i've heard that from some people but i could not find any references for it. I just didn't want to tip my hand to soon that i may be leaning towards that so i was avoiding asking any official questions to my CoC. I wanted to see if i can secure a job before making any final decisions.

Can anyone else confirm or deny Capt harry's thoughts? or provide additional information,

thanks!

The reference is QR&O 15.02. If you haven't started your IE25 yet, and you are still on (for example) a VIE, you can normally release on the last day of your VIE.  Of course, once you have started your IE, you can also normally put in a voluntary release. An IE doesn't mean that you're locked in. You can still release if you want to.

I won't get into more complicated stuff -- obligatory service, periods of restricted release.

Your VIE came into effect the moment you signed it. You must now undergo the normal release process to get out.

couldn't one argue that the IE has not "started" because it is valid for the duration of the 20 years as of the end of my VIE date... ?

If you read the QR&O 15.02 that was posted here, you would see the following in Table to Article 15.01:

a non-commissioned member on
completion of his fixed period of
service, other than an Intermediate
Engagement as defined in the
Canadian Forces Superannuation Act
when, prior to completion of that fixed
period of service, an application for
further service is not made, or he
refused an offer of further service.

That quote applies to a 4(B) release: On completion of a fixed period of service. Since you already signed your IE25, you're bound to that contract and can't just walk away from it. IE25 doesn't add 25 to your current service, it makes the total years of service at the end of that contract equal 25 years, its valid right away.

Seems to me you need to through a full release process.

mag1987 said:
im not sure if this is a unique situation..

i signed an IE25 in February 2012, and my initial contract was due to end in December 2012.. due to unforseen circumstances i was curious if there is a process to revoke my new contract before it takes effect?

Thanks

What's the effective date of the IE25 on the TOS you signed?

On the DIN, you can also look under the CFMILPERSCOM Orders/Intruction for ADM (HR-Mil) Instruction 05/05 "New Regular Force TOS".  Lots of info there.

Eye In The Sky said:
On the DIN, you can also look under the CFMILPERSCOM Orders/Intruction for ADM (HR-Mil) Instruction 05/05 "New Regular Force TOS".  Lots of info there.

I had that saved as a favourite at work and checked it out today - OP, you're SOL. Your IE25 came into effect the day you signed it. As already stated, you can release at any time, but it won't be the same as if you didn't resign a new contract...

Back