• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Capt Francis, Capt Dawe, M/Cpl Bason, Cpl Anderson, Cpl. Bartsch, Pte. Watkins

Another sad day, and we should brace ourselves for more bad news, its only July. Again, as always, my thoughts are with their mates in country, and all back home.

Wes

RIP Troops.  God bless your families and friends right now and in the future.  :salute: :cdn:

:cdnsalute: :cdnsalute: :cdnsalute: :cdnsalute: :cdnsalute: :cdnsalute:

Nothing words can say would cover it...

Thoughts to the families, loved ones, and comrades of the fallen...

"We will not forget"

MRM

RIP Soldiers. :salute: :cdn:
My thoughts and prayers are with the families and comrads of the brave men and women serving our country.

RIP Troops.  God bless your families and friends now and in the future.    :salute:  :cdn:

Words fail...
RIP troops and condolences to the friends & family of the fallen just doesn't seem like enough.
Neither does thank you for your sacrifice.
But it will not be forgotten.
:salute: :cdn: :cdn: :cdn: :cdn: :cdn: :cdn:

My mind and emotions are racing at warp speed over our latest deaths in A'stan.

I really feel for the families and no words will make these deaths any easier.

'We were the soldiers,
short days ago.
Who lived,felt dawn,saw sunset glow."

Rest well my soldiers,
people sleep peacefully in their beds because of your sacrifice.

:salute: :cdn: :salute:

Damn it all.

Terrible news, my sincere condolences to their families, friends and loved ones.

RIP, soldiers.  You'll not be forgotten.

Names released  4/6
http://www.forces.gc.ca/site/newsroom/view_news_e.asp?id=2363

OTTAWA – The names of four of the six Canadian soldiers killed by a roadside bomb in Afghanistan on July 4, 2007 are as follows:

Captain Matthew Johnathan Dawe, 3rd Battalion, Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry, based in Edmonton, Alta.;

Master Corporal Colin Bason, a reservist from The Royal Westminster Regiment based in New Westminster, B.C.;

Corporal Cole Bartsch, 3rd Battalion, Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry, based in Edmonton, Alta.; and

Private Lane Watkins, 3rd Battalion, Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry, based in Edmonton, Alta.

At the request of the family, the names of the remaining two soldiers killed, are being withheld temporarily.

The soldiers were killed when their RG-31 vehicle struck a suspected improvised explosive device approximately 20 km southwest of Kandahar City. An Afghan interpreter was also killed in the blast. The incident occurred while the soldiers were returning from conducting joint patrol operations with the Afghan National Army.

Oh man.... I did BOTC with Matt Dawe. I haven't talked to him in a few years but he was a hell of a good guy. My thoughts are with his family.

Back