• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CEOTP & ROTP = Same Enrolment Goals?

Meridian

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi,

I just thought of a question based on a comment made by the SGT this morning at the CFRC... my best bet would probably be to call them, but he seemed a litle vague on CEOTP specifically, and kept referring to it as "subsidization".

In any event:

He said the numebrs open for ARMD (021) Officer right now are 10 spots DEO and 8 spots Subsidized, and then kept referring to me counting as part of those 8.

Does this mean I compete for spots under CEOTP against those who are applying for ROTP & UTPNCM?
If so, do ROTP RMC students count against current year FY goals (ie 2006) or against the new numbers out in April 2007?

CEOTP is designed to fill officer slots when DEO can't therefore any CEOTPs are taken off the DEO numbers and ROTPs are completely separate.  CEOTP/DEO are for now and ROTP is for the future.

kincanucks said:
CEOTP is designed to fill officer slots when DEO can't therefore any CEOTPs are taken off the DEO numbers and ROTPs are completely separate.  CEOTP/DEO are for now and ROTP is for the future.

So when he told me "10 spots for Direct Entry and 8 for subsidization" and thus there were still 8 spots open for me (he was pointing to a chart on the desk), he was slightly incorrect?  No real consequence, since there are openings both ways I suppose.

Meridian said:
So when he told me "10 spots for Direct Entry and 8 for subsidization" and thus there were still 8 spots open for me (he was pointing to a chart on the desk), he was slightly incorrect?  No real consequence, since there are openings both ways I suppose.

As I have stated before CFRC Montreal does things differently than other CFRCs.

I can't agree more on that Kincanuks,
went there with my sister at CFRC Montreal and they said to her you can't get ROTP INTEL at RMC, wich i am rigth now!!
i told the PO and he was just ::) and kept saying it was not possible. i guess i was lucky last year. this forum actualy gave me more insite on anything than the CFRC ( with regards)
i must say that you must go with your guts and be confident, numbers are just figures to keep non-motivated people aside
anyway good luck

Back