• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Checks-CFAT

johnston90

Reaction score
A couple days ago i got the e-mail that CFNRC transfered my application to CFB Kingston. I called kingston they told me that they are just waiting for some forms then i can write my aptitude test. On the forces.ca website the recruiting process steps state that backround/criminal checks were the second step but i never had screenings? did they skip a step or are they just not telling me. Another question, If they already did my checks/screening and i pass my tests comfortably. How long away would BMQ be away? (ballpark).

What forms are they waiting on? Have you already submitted all of the necessary documents (including these ones) in order to continue on with your application?

Based on the information you provided, there is no way to even estimate if and when you will be attending BMQ this early in your application process. But for a ballpark figure, expect anywhere between 5 to 20 months. If you give some more precise information, there are recruiters that frequent these forums that may be able to give you proper estimates. Just remember that nothing is guaranteed and anything can change without notice.

To get a better idea, go to this thread to view other applicants' time lines.

EDIT: altered link

Step 1: Submit your application
Step 2: Undergo a reliability screening
Step 3: Successfully complete the Canadian Forces Aptitude Test
Step 4: Successfully complete a medical examination
Step 5: Successfully complete an interview with a military career counsellor
Step 6: Pass the Physical Fitness Test
Step 7: Selection, job offer and enrolment

(Steps 2 to 6 inclusive may occur in a different order)

Your reliability screening will be completed with the documents you have filled out.
And as Matthew said, no one can tell you how long it will take for you to attend BMQ. You may never even receive a job offer, but if you do (hopefully for you!), it may take a month like it may also take 2 years.

Best of luck to you and go post your progress in the application progress thread.

The recruiter said he was waiting for my transcripts that the CFNRC are mailing to Kingston probably my School/Birth documents.

*Edit* no i have not filled out that form.

johnston90 said:
The recruiter said he was waiting for my transcripts that the CFNRC are mailing to Kingston probably my School/Birth documents.

I personally applied in person, so I don't know how it works for people applying online, in terms of filling out specific documents and handing them in. But I would assume that once your local RC receives your paperwork, they will have you come in and fill out some forms.

If you're interested, join our FB group. Theres currently 77 members that I'm sure wouldn't mind answer any questions you may have regarding the application process.

johnston90 said:

Sorry I linked the wrong form, now the link shows exactly which ones you need to fill out. Either way, your priority should be making sure they have all necessary documents in order to proceed with your application.

Thanks for the info. I also forgot to mention because all 3 trades i applied for were open that they were processing me. im sure the recruiter will have me fill the screening forms out while i write my test.

No, they won't call you until all your forms are completed. Anyway, call them on Monday to figure it all out.

Back