• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Christmas Gift Wrapping Tips for Men - A little late, but...hey...

Babs087 said:
Guys...i know this might be a difficult concept for you, but.....you could always ask your sister, or a female friend to teach you how to wrap properly. She'll enjoy teaching you, and it keeps you out of crap in the long run.  Just a thought.

HERESY!

Wait, no. You're not a man, so you can get away with saying things like that. Still, you're on thin ice...

Babs087 said:
Guys...i know this might be a difficult concept for you, but.....you could always ask your sister, or a female friend to teach you how to wrap properly. She'll enjoy teaching you, and it keeps you out of shit in the long run.   Just a thought.

This is about as ludicrous as a 2Lt asking a warrant for leadership advice.

First women get the right to wear pants.  Then the vote.  Now they expect us to approach them for advice on gift wrapping?  Where does it end?  With women being allowed into the combat arms?

Here's the deal. Buy me what I want, and there's no need to wrap it. Just put it under ths tree unwrapped. I'll just be happy knowing you listened after you asked what I wanted. ... or, take it to one of those stands in the mall where they wrap it for you. Either way, I win.

This was the first year I've ever wrapped my own gifts.  They were lumpy, partially ripped, and mostly retarded.  I didn't do the tootsie roll, but I did put the gift-bag for her perfume in a box leftover from some renovations.  Oh, I also stapled one gift wrap together and used two different types on another.  All because I was stupid and did my shopping before the gift wrapping stands were open.

Mrs. Shamrock said it was the sweetest gifts I had ever given her.

Guys, order your missus a gift from Cdn Tire online shopping and they wrap it for you, box it and deliver it...and you get CT money to boot...sheesh....why are you making this so complicated...

PS, I love my new scroll saw and whoohoo...air nail gun!  All of which were wrapped expertly by the elves at CT...lol

Wrapping paper would be nice, but I can never remember the wrapping until it's too late, so that means the tubes are the only things left.
You can get anything into a tube. I knew all those hours spent watching McGyver weren't a complete waste!

I'd like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a Happy New Year and all the best to you and yours in 07.

Men of army.ca, I offer a very simply suggestion, if you have a daughter have her wrap your gifts.  It's already been said that women are genetically encoded with the ability to do so, therefore she should have no problems, plus if she's younger and makes a mess of it you can use the excuse, "Well honey she really wanted to help out, isn't it cute!"  Also you can take a page from my father's book and get her to be your personal shopper, most likely your wife has told her what she's looking for, and your daughter will actually remember what it was and where to buy it!  My Dad use to just give me money and say go get her what she wants.  Still to this day I'm wrapping his gifts, he paniced this year when he found out that I wasn't going to be home for Christmas (first time in 28 years), so he and Mom flew here, I think Hit JR might have had a little something to do with that decision though ;)

I know HitorMiss is counting down the years till he can start having Hit JR do his shopping and wrapping! 

Then again HitorMiss had a good excuse for not buying me a gift this year, what with not being home.  ;)  We missed you honey!

Its' worked for the last 20 years for me....5 boys 1 daughter....she's gotten real good at picking presents!!  :)

Back