• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CIC (Air) Scarlet Beret on Logistik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonewolf

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi,

When would one wear the scarlet beret which is available to me under Clothing Online. It was not part of my initial issue.

Tks

You wouldn't wear it ever.  The Logistik site makes every colour of beret available for some reason.  Red berets are presently the province of the Military Police only.

The Logistik Web-Site program can only differentiate between enviornments, not specific trades as it is a civilian company. You should know which beret you wear.

Just out of curiosity...why are you asking about the red berets? Was it just your own curiosity or did you see other CIC wearing them?

There is ONE army cadet corps that wears red berets... I can't remember if their CIC staff did however - I'll shoot an email at their old RSM.

(At first I thought they only wore green berets, but my CIC's wore glengarrys and other regimental accouterments)

I was under that impression too. In any case, black for Navy CIC and AF blue for Air CIC.

Lerch said:
Just out of curiosity...why are you asking about the red berets? Was it just your own curiosity or did you see other CIC wearing them?

Just curious that's all. Never saw them being worn.

Redeye said:
You wouldn't wear it ever.  The Logistik site makes every colour of beret available for some reason.  Red berets are presently the province of the Military Police only.

I do believe Red Beret are for Army MP's only. There are Army Cadets that wear them too

Cheers:

I believe the Hastings and Prince Edward Regiment was granted
the right to wear the red beret LONG before (ww2 or 1)??? and
COULD wear it but don't. 

I believe their cadet corp however does continue the tradition
for the unit. 

That's not the one I was thinking of...

The ones I always remember bragging about how their unit is the only ones to wear them were the 526 RCACC Winnipeg Grenadier Cadet Corps. The more I think about it, the less likely I think their CICs wore them. This is going to drive me nuts till I find out.

[note: Not a slight to any 526er that might come across this, but our units have a proud tradition of making fun of eachother.]

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/37472/post-310185.html#msg310185

Apparently.. we've revisisted this before

Klc said:
The ones I always remember bragging about how their unit is the only ones to wear them were the 526 RCACC Winnipeg Grenadier Cadet Corps. The more I think about it, the less likely I think their CICs wore them. This is going to drive me nuts till I find out.

They most likely don't.  While army cadets sometimes wear accoutrements of the Regiment or Branch with which the unit is affiliated, CIC Army officers only wear the accoutrements of their own Branch.

Never paid much attention to who they were, but I've seen lots of different Cadet Corps wear scarlet berets, in my travels. I don't think it's that big a deal. At least they seem to shape them better than I've seen some Reg and Res ones ;)

rwgill said:
Don't SAR Tech, who are Air Force, wear scarlet berets?

orange  (from what I've seen)
Sartech.jpg

Trinity said:
orange  (from what I've seen)

Is that scarlet dipped in bleach?  It looks off.  I have never seen one "in person".

rwgill said:
Is that scarlet dipped in bleach?  It looks off.  I have never seen one "in person".

Its called "international orange " IIRC

I heard the international SAR color is going to change to Baby blue (that is not a joke).  Will the beret change as well? ;)

Max

The Regiment wore them until not long ago when the MPs apparently made the case that it was "their" thing and they were then proscribed.  That said, nothing precludes wearing red berets when in mufti, which seems to happen from time to time.  Not that I own one personally or anything.

Our cadet corps still wears them.

As I recall, the red berets came not long after WW2.  We still wear red felt behind our cap badges - though the story varies as to whether that comes from the 1 Cdn Div shoulder flash from WW1 or the red beret.

Trinity said:
I believe the Hastings and Prince Edward Regiment was granted
the right to wear the red beret LONG before (ww2 or 1)??? and
COULD wear it but don't. 

I believe their cadet corp however does continue the tradition
for the unit. 

SupersonicMax said:
I heard the international SAR color is going to change to Baby blue (that is not a joke).  Will the beret change as well? ;)

Max

Really?  Highly unlikely since orange is more visable than blue.  (but who knows)

On that note.. I forbid it since the Chaplain's are changing from purple to blue.  ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back