• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CIC (Air) Scarlet Beret on Logistik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Redeye, what is mufti? I used google and it said "one who issues a Fatwa" and many more pages in scripts I can't decipher.

bLUE fOX said:
Redeye, what is mufti? I used google and it sayed "one who issues a Fatwa" and many more pages in scripts I can't decipher.

:rofl:

Lat time i heard the term was in 3VP

bLUE fOX said:
Redeye, what is mufti? I used google and it sayed "one who issues a Fatwa" and many more pages in scripts I can't decipher.

I'm not Redeye but I'll answer this. It is jargon for civilian dress. I'm sure there is an interesting story behind it.

The Hastings and Prince Edward Regiment cadets wear the red beret because the unit used to. The reserve unit no longer wears it because when the army reorganized the MP's claimed the red beret. The cadets carry on our old tradition along with the veterans.

Hast&per said:
The Hastings and Prince Edward Regiment cadets wear the red baret because the unit used to. The reserve unit no longer wears it because when the army reorganized the MP's claimed the red baret. The cadets carry on our old tradition along with the veterans.

b-e-r-e-t

Trinity said:
I believe the Hastings and Prince Edward Regiment was granted
the right to wear the red beret LONG before (ww2 or 1)??? and
COULD wear it but don't. 

I believe their cadet corp however does continue the tradition
for the unit. 

I was a cadet with a Hastings and Prince Edward Regiment cadet corps and yes we were issued red berets.  The actual regiment wears a green beret with red felt behind the cap badge.

Trinity said:
Really?  Highly unlikely since orange is more visable than blue.  (but who knows)

On that note.. I forbid it since the Chaplain's are changing from purple to blue.  ;D

That was from the mouth of a SAR tech...  The reason being that orange in the dark looks like Brown (hard to see).  Baby blue, you can see it even at night. 

Max

SupersonicMax said:
That was from the mouth of a SAR tech...  The reason being that orange in the dark looks like Brown (hard to see).  Baby blue, you can see it even at night.

Do they wear their berets during SAR operations?

No but they wear their ORANGE flight suit and drop ORANGE kit out of the plane (ok I know it's a bit far but...)

Max

SupersonicMax said:
No but they wear their ORANGE flight suit and drop ORANGE kit out of the plane (ok I know it's a bit far but...)

Max
So are you saying that they soon will be dropping baby blue kit out of a plane dressed in baby blue flight suits?

Um...

What happened to this thread?

Hijacked into ....  I'll refrain from the word I'm thinking.

Lock Time?!

Indeed.  Question asked and answered.

Trinity said:
Um...

What happened to this thread?

Hijacked into ....  I'll refrain from the word I'm thinking.

Lock Time?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back