• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Coordinating training and dog ownership

Mighty Mouse

Inactive
Reaction score
I have a dog. I know for sure that during Basic Training I'll have to have a friend look after her, but what's the accomodation like on subsequent training courses (like language training for instance)? I'm sure it depends what course and where, but will I ever have the option of bringing my dog with me or of finding my own accomodations so that she can come?

Mighty Mouse

Just to let you know, there are some places on the internet that screen foster homes for situations like yours. Maybe there is a way to coordinate that with where you will be training. That way you can still spend time with your girl, but also do your job and know she is close enough and well cared for. I was a member of one in the USA when we were living there.

If I can find the link, I will post it.

If you can find that link I will definetly be interested....I did a search but couldn't come up with anything

so im guessing your not allowed to take your dog on base with you after basic and such (if you live on base) that really kind of sucks, but i guess sacrifices are needed.

Back