• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Corps end-of- the year trips

Q.Y. RANG said:
Well, for a Cadet Master Warrant Officer you think you could be a little more mature about it..."meh whatever" sure isn't mature.

:cdn:

the meh what ever was not meant as immature. it was meant as a OK so cadets may not be permitted to draw swords OK i will not be doing it again. i also wanted to prevent any thing Else being said by saying that, but it seems some people took it a different was than intended. i should of been more clear than meh what ever.

Zedic_1913 said:
So if my CO happened to own a pacestick .... they should carry it on parade and do the drill associated with that?  Evidently not, as they are an officer and not a NCM.  Same thing should apply for swords.  Carrying a sword in it's sheath serves the purpose of maintaining tradition, so just because they're not doing drill with it doesn't mean they shouldn't be carrying it.

With an attitude like that, I'm glad your not one of my MWOs.

there was a thing called a swagger stick. it served almost the same purpose as a pacestick, or drill cane if i am not mistaken.

and your last comment, with a attitude like that i am glad that you are not my RSM. dont be so uptight about everything. just relax a little.
ouyin2000 said:
I have to agree, poorly motivated seniors only leads to poorly motivated cadets, which in the future will become poorly motivated seniors, and it all rolls down hill from there.

one little comment does not mean a cadet is poorly motivated. and i think there is a difference between being a cadet on parades and being a cadet on this website. dont judge a book by its cover is all i am trying to say.

yoman said:
Now weather its allowed or not is another topic.
Swords are not authorized for Air Cadets .... I believe the only exception is when staffing at an Army or Sea
CSTC where thier job requires them to use one ... but as you said, thats another topic altogether.

-Hutch- said:
i should of been more clear than meh what ever.
Saying something like "meh, whatever" implies that you simply do not care.

-Hutch- said:
and your last comment with a attitude like that i am you are not my RSM. so uptight about everything. just relax a little.
If this statement made sense I could probably comment better, however I assure you I am not uptight about everything .... but I do ensure my MWOs are properly motivated to carry out their tasks.

-Hutch- said:
one little comment does not mean a cadet is poorly motivated. and i think there is a difference between being a cadet on parades and being a cadet on this website. dont judge a book by its cover is all i am trying to say.
You have indicated your cadet rank on this website, although there is no "pulling rank" here, you do still carry your rank and I'm sure people regard you as such ... for this reason I feel it is appropriate to conduct yourself in a professional manner.

I'm not looking to start an argument here, so I am finished at this ... any further discussion should be done by PMs.

Zedic_1913 said:
If this statement made sense I could probably comment better, however I assure you I am not uptight about everything .... but I do ensure my MWOs are properly motivated to carry out their tasks.

oops. just realized i didn't finish that sentence. it is fixed now.

Zedic_1913 said:
I'm not looking to start an argument here, so I am finished at this ... any further discussion should be done by PMs.

OK good plan

Zedic_1913 said:
Swords are not authorized for Air Cadets .... I believe the only exception is when staffing at an Army or Sea
CSTC where thier job requires them to use one ... but as you said, thats another topic altogether.
Correct Zedic, and thats all there is too it. No Air cadets should parde with swords at LHQ. CSTC's only and that only as you said.

Heck, be happy you even had the sword experience. I know I sure didn't. :)

Heck, be happy you even had the sword experience. I know I sure didn't. Smiley

lol, come on people, you make it sound like its as good as sex.  ;D
Sure, it's fun and you get to brag about it, but its just holding a long pointy thing. Its a great tradition that symbolizes authority and power but I think its overrated. I think just being in front of a significantly sized group of dignified people all with a common goal under your leadership and guidance beats out a shiny piece of metal anyday.

Anyways, we digress...I remember one end of the year cadet corps trip when we went to Ottawa. We had our own dedication at the Cenotaph, and we went to the War meuseum. I got a picture of myself straddling the tank with the main gun pointing out from between my legs,  >:D (Of course, that was when i was a immature trooper. I would never do that nowadays)

ya that was an awesome trip. i think i was a cpl. i was in my dreams when i saw the tunic that sir Issac Brock was killed in.

that man was by far the best leader and the best war hero i have ever heard of. we owe him allot.but we cant forget Tecumseh

-Hutch- said:
there was a thing called a swagger stick. it served almost the same purpose as a pacestick, or drill cane if i am not mistaken.

I believe the swagger stick is the origins of the drill cane
http://www.diggerhistory.info/pages-equip/pace-stick.htm

Anyways, back on topic.

In addition to the EX were having this weekend, for our last parade night, our corps is getting a tour of the Rap Attack facilitys. *Hopes to see someone repel out of helicopter*

My unit usually plans there end of the year trip for the march break, this year the cadets went to Florida for 7 days.

GunnerySgtHartman said:
My unit usually plans there end of the year trip for the march break, this year the cadets went to Florida for 7 days.

Wow! Is your corps really small? Because I know that our corps could never afford that with our size.. 180 cadets.. We went cosmis bowling, and then as always we had our seniors only party..[which is held by a senior every year, organized out side of cadets, incase anyone was wondering why they would hold an activity like that for only a select few] which was awesome..

Well, this was an almost an end of the year trip but,,every year our cadet corp sends 20 senior cadets to Washington to Quantico to do some military training with the Marines. But my C.O. wanted to do something different this year. So 28 deserving cadets were chosen to attend "Operation Europebound". We travelled overseas to participate in the celebrations of the 60th anniversary of the liberation of Holland at the end of the second world war contributed greatly to Canadian troops. First we travelled to France and checked out tons of amazing battlefields before making our way to Holland for the many parades and ceremonies. This was an absolutely amazing experience. Check out the link if you want to see what we actually did.

http://www.peelpoliceboard.ca/pages/news/2005/newsrelease-apr15.htm

The only thing that pissed me off was reading about these kids from each province who were picked to go overseas with the veterans.They got all this press release on how they were such good kids for doing this and how all canadian youth should be this way. Hello--what do we do every week? Being the fact that we are a military affiliated organization- I figured maybe we would also be interested and have the outmost respect for eveything that vets did for our country.  Nah-- not us  ::)

Back