• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cost of housing in Canada

I didn't even need to click the article to figure it out, then I read through it and it confirmed my assumption - Immigration.

I'm glad Canadians have adopted this mentality of avoiding Sask. Keeps it affordable and conservative.

Saskatoon and Regina are awful places to live, you don't want to go there.
Yep. Terrible/horrible. I mean, who wants to own a $300k house and have a 15 minute commute to anywhere in the city?

As far as road safety goes, if that is a consideration when buying a home in Ontario, this is from 2019.

The results may be surprising.

Top 10 Worst Cities in Ontario for Driving

City/TownGrade
OrangevilleD
BradfordD
WoodstockD
Sault Ste. MarieD
BrantfordD
OrilliaD
Thunder BayC
St. ThomasC
CaledonC
BarrieC

Top 10 Best Cities in Ontario for Driving

City/TownGrade
North YorkA
TorontoA
East YorkA
EtobicokeA
MississaugaA
BramptonA
ScarboroughA
YorkA
ThornhillA
OakvilleA

As far as road safety goes, if that is a consideration when buying a home in Ontario, this is from 2019.

City/TownGrade
OrangevilleD
BradfordD
WoodstockD
Sault Ste. MarieD
BrantfordD
OrilliaD
Thunder BayC
St. ThomasC
CaledonC
BarrieC

City/TownGrade
North YorkA
TorontoA
East YorkA
EtobicokeA
MississaugaA
BramptonA
ScarboroughA
YorkA
ThornhillA
OakvilleA

Short lesson - stay away from retirement communities.

One-bedroom. Dining and living room included.650f66ea72491.image.jpg

City/TownGrade
OrangevilleD
BradfordD
WoodstockD
Sault Ste. MarieD
BrantfordD
OrilliaD
Thunder BayC
St. ThomasC
CaledonC
BarrieC

City/TownGrade
North YorkA
TorontoA
East YorkA
EtobicokeA
MississaugaA
BramptonA
ScarboroughA
YorkA
ThornhillA
OakvilleA
Yay....we won!?!? (Bradford resident here)

Can't say it shocks me based on what I see daily. And I definitely wouldn't call Bradford a retirement community.

Yay....we won!?!? (Bradford resident here)

Can't say it shocks me based on what I see daily. And I definitely wouldn't call Bradford a retirement community.
I'm not sure I'd call any of the winners (losers?) 'retirement communities'.

That's a pretty odd survey. Where you live and where you have your accidents/get your tickets aren't necessarily the same thing. It seems to also base its data on what people enter when looking for online quotes. Real at-fault collisions and driving convictions are readily available to those who are authorized to access it.

North York an A? Does that stand for accident daily? Does the survey include vehicle on pedestrian?

Wow... amazing how many MP/MPPs would be directly affected if housing affordability became a thing again....
A lot more than MPs/MPPs are not interested in seeing housing become affordable. There are a ton of people living on reverse mortgages and/or lines of credit that don't want anything to harm their current lifestyle.

So, owning rental property is now a crime against humanity?
Jesus, how are your ankles after that massive leap to conclusions?

Owning rental properties is not a crime against humanity.... I just find it a massive conflict of interest when those actively in positions of power that are "grappling with the housing crisis" in Canada would be adversely affected if certain solutions to it were put in place (rent controls, mortgage interest caps, etc.).

Hard to say there aren't any sacred cows when you're a cattle farmer...

Back