• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cost to the Navy to send ships to hurricane

was watching the news.... Former President Carter was steaming..... 45ft tractor trailer loads of Katrina aid from FEMA had been shipped to the east coast....

There is no reason for the US Gov't or anyone else for that matter to get embarassed about friends dropping in with aid material in their time of need.......... Having a "we can do this on our own" attitude will only have one effect....... distancing you from your friends.

Nuff said

Chimo!

"Political cost - excellent rapport with the Americans during
crazy times, such as not going to war with them."

Are you saying that we should have gone to war (in Iraq) with them? Come on. I, for one, am glad that we didn't kowtow to them on that one.

S_Baker said:
I don't think anyone is turning down any aid, nor are they embarrased to receive assistance, the problem is and was unity of Command.   So who in the heck is in charge?   POTUS, FEMA, Gov, Mayor, etc?     The problem IMHO was the local officials were not willing to give up command of their Feifdoms until it was to late....
I tend to agree with you on this one. But the people in NO were following the rule book as distributed by FEMA and the political hacks that have been given appointments where professionals should be in control.

Sask HCAO said:
"Political cost - excellent rapport with the Americans during crazy times, such as not going to war with them."

Are you saying that we should have gone to war (in Iraq) with them?
Come on. I, for one, am glad that we didn't kowtow to them on that one.

Uhhh.... where did the subject of Iraq come from.

I think that if something happens to your neighbour, you come out and make every effort to aid and assist in his time of need.
I think that if someone comes out and brings his fight to your neighbour, you owe it to your friend and neighbour to stand up with him against that someone.....
If my neighbour decides to go and pick a fight with someone else somewhere, it is my perogative to go OR not to go.......
where is this kowtow cr@$ you're talking about.

geo said:
where is this kowtow cr@$ you're talking about.
I was replying to an earlier post by Trinity:
crazy times, such as not going to war with them, lumber
disuptes, mad cow problem...."

What I was getting at was that if we sent the ships down there we shouldn't be thinking either about the cost or its positive effect on our foreign relations with the US. I totally agree helping a neighbour is the right thing to do. I just don't think that we have anything to apologize or "make up for" by not agreeing with some of THEIR foreign policy decisions.

No kidding - read the title of the thread please....

Sask HCAO said:
crazy times, such as not going to war with them."

Are you saying that we should have gone to war (in Iraq) with them? Come on. I, for one, am glad that we didn't kowtow to them on that one.

WTF...

read the entire post... you'll see i mention MANY political areas
the countries are disagreeing with...  and didn't state my
opinion on any of it.. You assumed what you what you wanted,
ignored the rest.. and then posted.

I then state I'm glad to see we are giving aid, even after our political
differences which behoves us all.

Stay in your lane.

Back