• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CT and Pay

combatfriar

Inactive
Reaction score
Completing a CT at the end of the month. COS date is end of June.  (PRes to Reg F)

Need to ensure there is no gap from civilian to military pay.

Anything I need to make sure of to avoid that?  So far the only paperwork I have filled out is a VR. 

Thanks in advance.

Took me 2 months to get my pay account set up properly, my ROR was able to give me pay slips for the base cashier on pay days so I could have money in the bank for bills. Nothing you can do to speed the process up, unfortunately.

It will take some time to get your CCPS (Reg Force pay) account setup.  I to received local payments until mine was up.

Advice, make sure your OR 'protects' your pay for the local payments/acquitance roll payments you are likely to recieve.  If not, when your CCPS pay does drop, you could be overpaid, then not get pay after the local payments/ARs are entered on your pay.  Can be a real headache that is easily avoided.

I am sure the clerks will know to do this, BUT it never hurts to ask.  8)

* I say this because this happened to me where the ARs didn't get entered and my reg force pay was FUBAR for several months.  It was a PITA every pay run.

If you lose rank when you CT do you lose the pay as well? I only ask this because I have heard a demotion wil not cut your pay.

It may depend on rank & IPC before/after.

A PRes MCpl IPC4 on Cl B going to Reg Force Cpl (Standard) IPC 4 is actually gaining a small amount IIRC.

But there is no 'vested right to pay' kind of thing on CTing to Reg Force.  Its a voluntary thing a mbr choses do to, vice say a Medical COT or something.

Back