• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Dead soldier's home vandalized

• Thread starter Thread starter MikeL
  • Start date Start date
zipperhead_cop said:
Strangley, the clergy are not known for their graveside contact drill execution. 
Did your C&P not give you any thoughts towards taking time to reflect before hitting the [POST] button?

Thanks Zip...I was just having flashbacks to a former (uninformed) CO of mine who wanted me to carry a firearm. I had to get out the Chap Gen's directive on it to convince him that it really is against regs for the Padre to carry a weapon. ;)

IN HOC SIGNO said:
Thanks Zip...I was just having flashbacks to a former (uninformed) CO of mine who wanted me to carry a firearm. I had to get out the Chap Gen's directive on it to convince him that it really is against regs for the Padre to carry a weapon. ;)

I always thought it was more an issue of preference in camp, and in the field, Chaplains were expected to fire to protect themselves or an incapacitated or wounded soldier.

I'm sure that there are better ways to deal with these protesters though. A quick call to your nearest Christian Biker gang to get a few "counter protestors" could be one answer.

Well this group a long time ago did only protest at the funerals of gay people.  If a person died of AIDS or if they were stomped to a bloody smear on the ground or if they were stripped, horsewhipped and left to die. http://www.matthewsplace.org/ You could bet if your son or daughter was murdered in cold blood, brutally beaten for who they were, these people would be there at the funeral screaming at you.  Here is the official homepage for their church.  http://www.godhatesfags.com/main/index.html

http://www.thecitizen.com/node/6376 has a brief summary on that church group.

Over time screaming at grieving mothers of gay people, people stopped paying attention.  It is hard to get your message out, or to suffer for your beliefs when you are passionately hated by one (in your mind) small group and the rest are only passively supportive of your cause.  No one really cared when they were only harassing “those people”, so they had to do something to get more attention. 

Earlier someone asked why they didn’t try something up here in Canada.  The answer is three fold 1) if Phelps came up here two minutes after he opened his mouth he would be arrested – it is illegal to advocate violence against an identifiable group. 2) He likely wouldn’t get in as he’d be here only to cause trouble 3) I’m not saying he and his group would be killed, but I am saying if his group pulled that stunt up here… well they wouldn’t even find the bodies. (i'm kidding on number 3)

IN HOC SIGNO,  this group no more reflects Christians than does al-qaeda reflects Islam. There is nothing to be done about these people,  try to argue with them,  they’ll hold to their beliefs more firmly.  Ignore them – it is what the gay community has had to do for the last 20 years or so.  I hope people who see this and are disgusted can now make the connection to how those other families have felt for the last decade or so,  the harassing phone calls, cat calls at the funeral – all tolerated by the larger community until people they care about were harassed. 

I apologies for my really rough posting,  but these people were given a free ticket to harass for so long and are only now being reigned in. Please forgive me if I sound bitter.

GO!!! said:
I always thought it was more an issue of preference in camp, and in the field, Chaplains were expected to fire to protect themselves or an incapacitated or wounded soldier.

I'm sure that there are better ways to deal with these protesters though. A quick call to your nearest Christian Biker gang to get a few "counter protestors" could be one answer.

No we are not allowed to carry arms at all. we must know how to make a weapon safe but not allowed to fire it. That's the official line.
Medics carry weapons to protect wounded but not Chaplains.

Hello All,

Just thought you might want a little bit more reading on this particular group of inbread fanatics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westboro_Baptist_Church

If you actually read into it, it can really get you worked up at how insanely radical and illogical these people are.

Special Praise to the Patriot Guard, what you people are doing is both noble and honourable.

Back