• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Dear Mods and Admin....

Hammer Sandwich

Inactive
Reaction score
Disclaimer: I'm posting this in radio chatter....so this is purely personal....Just an open letter...

To: Mods/Admin of Army.ca.

Re: OP Little Miss Can't Be Wrong

I have never in my life seen the restraint I've seen demonstrated here by the Administrative staff of this forum.
I have read posts written by a person who claimed to want to be part of "the machine"....part of..."big brother"....but would fight it every step of the way...?

Yeah....I had a Mowhawk when I was 17 too...(WOO-HOO noise while twirling finger)
I had a sandy m@ngina, chocked full of "idealism", and "the man can't keep me down!"

But, I grew the F>>k up.

Little Miss Can't Be Wrong, I wish you the best of luck with your endeavours.

You have the right to disagree.
You have the right to protest.

You have been HANDED, (not EARNED), the right to live in a country where my, (and maybe your), Grandfathers have shed their blood to give you that right.

I only spent 3 years in a Reserve unit, I never went anywhere, or did anything....

I know I sure as Hell I didn't fight for my country, and neither did you.

To the Mods/Admin;

You let this person exercise their right to speech, you have given that person MULTIPLE chances to straighten up.

You have made a very level headed decision, and I, as a reader of this forum,
appreciate it.

THANK YOU.

HS

edit for stupidity:(Well, that's a wiener shrinker, I forgot to cite what the hell I was taliking about..)
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/94906/post-948696.html#new

Hammer Sandwich said:
edit for stupidity:(Well, that's a wiener shrinker, I forgot to cite what the hell I was taliking about..)
We all knew who you were talking about!

On behalf of the Staff, thank you. It always pains us when we can't bring someone along and have to cut them loose. Some are here only for a couple of posts. Others, like the subject of this thread, have been banned and allowed back after petitionong the owner. This one was a mistake and we had to ensure that they were given every opportunity to correct themselves. Epic fail. I will apologise for all the Staff, to the membership, for putting you through the tribulations that this poster caused, but we had to be transparent and above reproach on this one.

Anyway, this chapter is closed. Corporate memory will retain the vital facts, if required later, but the rest of us (you) can now move on and forget it. Treat it like a bad dream ;)

Milnet.ca Staff

Hammer Sandwich said:
Well, that's a wiener shrinker, I forgot to cite what the hell I was taliking about..)

;D

After the day I had today --- I seriously needed this laugh; and I ended up quite perky too when I realized the reasoning behind your post ... (yes, even I knew "who").

+300 points for you today ... and another 300 tomorrow too.

To the staff:

300 for Recceguy because he's hot. And, 300 to Michael O'L for being the rooster of the walk. I somehow feel as if Army.ca won the lottery today.  ;D

[This one was a mistake and we had to ensure that they were given every opportunity to correct themselves. Epic fail.

Milnet.ca Staff
[/quote]

(read whole post for context)

HELLNO!

That poster trolled for the get-go.

That one HAD NOTHING to do with staff.

crap, I've posted a couple of "trollies RE: crappy posts", and I've been called out, (and corrected), every time.

This seems to be a pretty forgiving board, but when you pooped yo' pants,,,,

you pooped your pants.

(Last edit, I swear)...

You guys kick a$$...

I read this board to learn....(probably never use it, but knowledge is good)

I swear to God if I knew this existed, I would've been a better Troop.

Thanks.

I would also like to congratualte the staff for finally cutting her loose. You showed greater patience than most of us could ever have (which for some of the mods is quite a feat ;)) I have always questioned why she would ever want to join the CF, as our culture seemed to go against everything she believed in. God help the DS on her basic training if she ever does get in.

captloadie said:
I would also like to congratualte the staff for finally cutting her loose. You showed greater patience than most of us could ever have (which for some of the mods is quite a feat ;)) I have always questioned why she would ever want to join the CF, as our culture seemed to go against everything she believed in. God help the DS on her basic training if she ever does get in.

More likely God help the PAT/PAR Pl NCOs that she is likely to encounter in any possible future career in the CF

A public thanks to all the mods who not only got a grip on this specific situation, but who volunteer their time to ride herd on all the fora here - much appreciated. 

:salute:

edited to fix spelling

Now you've piqued my curiosity.  Is it possible to read some of this person's posts?  Just for academic reasons mind you - want to learn what NOT to do... ::)

Check out  the last few pages on he G20 protest thread................

Click on the link provided in the first post.  Find member and check out their profile and posting history.

If its who i'm thinking it is, isn't this her 2nd  time being banned? 

Edit: i'm going to click on the link in the first post and find out who.

edit(yet again): It's is i'm pretty sure, i seen that she got the ban hammer before?

Either way it's not any of my buisness..

Pusser, you have to go on an epic run to worry about "not doing" what she did. Trust me.

brandon, she was banned and the ban was reviewed and lifted. It has happened before.

For a military themed forum this place is surprisingly lenient on posters who just "don't get it".
Go to many another forum and if they don't like what you're about, you're gone. That's not even if your argumentative. You mention on a left wing forum that you think tasers are great tools for police officers and you're done. You're a spy for CSIS and love tasing aboriginals and throw garbage at puppies bla bla bla. I've been banned for flagging a post where someone said they hope I get my head blown off overseas. Apparently I just didn't get it  ::)

If you think about all the chances the mods give posters to follow the guidelines this place is very fair.

That said, and it's with the up most respect for the hard work mods do (like recceguy keeping me in line), I think sometimes we're a little too lenient.

Mellian knew what she was about, the moderators knew what she was about and all us posters knew what she was about. It's obvious. It was just a matter of time before she got turfed. In the mean time we read many posts that just left us shaking our head, facepalming ourselves and wondering 'why'. I'm proud of how open minded the place can be but I for one will not be upset if the moderators identify posters like Mellian and give them the boot sooner. MUCH sooner.

Much appreciated mods...  I too and fairly recently wrote something out of character and in poor taste and there were no shortage of flags thrown in my direction but all rightly so and done very professionally. I never made a mistake like that since, it must be hard work to keep these forums clean of trolls and I feel they do a great job and one someone slips up here or there (like I have) they won't hesitate to give the much needed boot in the A$$.

!ood work guys and keep fighting the good fight!

I think it speaks volumes for the work of the mods and admin that several of the people posting here have been called out before and appreciate how their cases were handled. I've seen some cases that weren't all that professional, but the majority of work by the moderators is done with much professionalism and patience. Thanks for keeping this place running!

Just posting to echo the sentiments of everyone here. You guys do a great job, and are very, VERY tolerant of others. The fact that I'm still here and haven't been B& speaks volumes  ;)

Back