• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

decisions about joining

Palesaint

Inactive
Reaction score
Well i'm 22 years old with my highschool and some electrical schooling, I've played a ton of paintball and I have a restricted firearms. Considering myself a good shot with my ar10a4 but I have no interest in any infantry/riflemen stuff. I seem to have an enjoyment for driving heavy machinery and RTS games and being loaded up on coffee all night. Pretty sure I meet the minimums and am not a nut job, just wanna know what part time gig is good for me.

"Part time gig" means you are looking at joining the Reserves.

What trades might be available depend on what units are in your area. 

In BC but no one has givin me a clear idea of whats available, I'm not against the reg force idea yet either.

CFRC Vancouver
1070 West Georgia Street
Vancouver, BC
V6E 4H1

Phone: (604) 694-6390
Fax: (604) 694-6391 

8:30 to 16:30 from Monday to Friday.

They will be able to give you a really clear idea of what's available.  And to find out some background before you go: www.recruiting.forces.gc.ca

I believe there is a CFRC in Victoria, as well. 

n00b said:
I believe there is a CFRC in Victoria, as well. 

Yes there is, but his profile states New Westminster which is on the mainland and is actually a part of Greater Vancouver.

I've been looking at the reserve units and calling a few and from what i'm told they only do basic and 2 weeks sq, money and time are not an issue for me just wondering if I can do the 30 weeks instead. If not I'll apply and try for reg infantry, thanks guys.

Palesaint said:
I've been looking at the reserve units and calling a few and from what i'm told they only do basic and 2 weeks sq, money and time are not an issue for me just wondering if I can do the 30 weeks instead. If not I'll apply and try for reg infantry, thanks guys.

You still have to do all your trades training and whatnot, it's not "just" BMQ/SQ.

Palesaint said:

Ok...your first post you said you WEREN'T interested in infantry/riflemen stuff?

First post: november 13th
other post: november 15th...

you see, time elapse , and desires changes  ;D

proud_lankan_canadian

Suspended for infractions on militaryphotos.net.....hmmm, if you're too stupid for them, then you are definitely too stupid for here.

Bye........

Back