• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

DEO courses?

amk81

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey everyone...quick question. I'll start by saying I've already googled this and searched on here to no avail.

I was wondering if someone could tell me the courses that I would have to take (after basic) if I was goign to go direct entry arty officer...?

Thanks and sorry if it's staring me in the face and I missed it.

After BMOQ you'll be posted to the Royal Regiment of Canadian Artillery School at CFB Gagetown. Your next course is BMOQ-L (formerly CAP). It's a 10 week course run by the Infantry School down the hall from the Artillery School. Following that, you will have to complete DP 1.1 and DP 1.2. Both are run by the Artillery School although are offered in several locations. Each course is approximately 11 weeks long. 

For most people who are graduating DP 1.2 in this current serial, it has taken between 14 - 24 months to get through the training system.

thanks, that's a huge help! I do my physical tomorrow in Saint John, NB and would like to research the courses I will be taking.

...Just so I'm clear...
BMOQ and BMOQ-L are two different courses?

Thanks

Ok, and I guess the follow up question (so a newbie like me doesn't hound you vets all night) is...where can i find the details on these courses? Meaning, how can i find out what subjects are covered in each one? I'm finding it next to impossible to find anything on the net about it...

I'm not sure you could find out what is covered in each one without DIN access. Broadly speaking though I'll try to answer for you.

BMOQ- Basic military skills including drill, small arms, field craft, general military knowledge, leadership and battle procedure.

BMOQ-L- Section level leadership focusing mainly on infantry type skills. There are 5 two week modules comprising of teaching (classroom and PT), conducting a small arms range (acting as the officer running the range and introduction to the C9, 9mm pistol and grenade), navigation, patrolling and offensive/defensive operations.

DP 1.1- Mainly focused on the technical side of gunnery including recce and deployment, safety, working in a command post, fire discipline and ammunition.

DP 1.2- Continuation of DP 1.1 with emphasis on leadership and tactics.

Back