• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Do I have anything to worry about?

diehardcutie

Inactive
Reaction score
I had my medical today and he said everything was fine but I that need to have my family doctor fill out some forms and preform some blood tests (fasting glucose, fasting lipids, etc) and send them back in.  Which is totally fine, I'm not against it.  But I am overweight unfortunatley, I never thought it was that bad but according to the BMI he put on my chart it looks like it is (40+).  If he though I was in that bad of shape wouldn't he have stopped the process and told me to come back when I've lost weight (or along those lines)? I'm just alittle embarrassed and nervous.  The guy (MCpl I believe?) who took my height/weight joked around with me saying he needed to lose some weight too so I didn't think too much of it at the time (til now)

Do I have anything to worry about? Is having this high of a BMI disqualifying or anything like that? Part of me thinks that because I still have my interview this thursday that I still have a chance, but I'm worried

Sorry I know there's a bunch of overweight/obese threads on here already but the ones I've been reading are about guys who are my weight (I'm a girl) who also are wayy taller (I'm 5'3.5) and have more muslces so it makes sense for them to weigh more.  Thanks for your time

To answer the title question - you may have something to worry about, especially if your blood results aren't good.  Consider it a bit of a wake up call - you need to be in at least half decent shape when you arrive at recruit school, as they're not there to get you in shape but to bring people to a common level of fitness.  If you're out of shape, you'll not be able to cope with the training well and will likely get injured.  If your bloodwork is fine, you'll likely get through the door; however you'll still have to pass the entry PT standard in St Jean, so start training in a sensible manner now- it'll only do you good regardless.

MM

Back