• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

do you plan on entering the regs or reserves?

do you plan on entering the regs or reserves?

• Regular

Votes: 20 50.0%
  • Reserve

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • CIC

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • No

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters
Both.

Joining reserves next year after I'm done cadets. When I'm done university CT to Regs.

I have a few former members of my squadron that are getting right into the regs. One of them leaves for BMQ next week.

AIC

The current plan of action for me is to become an MP or Intelligence Officer.  I MIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT join the navy as an officer (unsure MOC at this time).

I plan to join the reserves with some of my friends for summer training next year. Then I might either join the regulars for awhile then University/college, then ROTP to become an armoured officer

I have just gotten my papers from the recruitment centre for the ROTP program. I hope to become an Infantry officer after graduation.
UBIQUE!!!!

gonna go into the reserves when i age out of cadets, not hardcore enough for the regs plus i wanna stay here on the best er i mean west coast  ;D
hopefully go overseas

Yes I do plan on joining the regular forces. Hopefully as a pilot, if not I'm not sure. Possibly combat arms or maybe even MARS. Only time will tell.

Want to join regular force as MARS officer through ROTP. Can't wait... but I'm going to have to.

Reg force Infantry NCM im NOT becoming and Officer....to much paper work  ;D

Burgoyne said:
Reg force Infantry NCM im NOT becoming and Officer....to much paper work  ;D

haha you want to work for a living dont ya?  ;D j/k

I was in till a few months ago when i quit now i am 90% on my way to regs  :soldier:

Cadet Warrant-Mann said:
haha you want to work for a living dont ya?  ;D j/k
ya heh and once you get high up in the Officer ranks...you cant have any fun so i just want Sergeant...and im happy  :cam:

Burgoyne said:
ya heh and once you get high up in the Officer ranks...you cant have any fun so i just want Sergeant...and im happy  :cam:
I am sure Snr Officers appreciate that lol  ;D

Planning to submit application into Reg Forces in december as NCM
Going Army with preferences as follows:
1) Armor 
2) Infantry
3) Combat Engineer

I am currently joining the reserves. My original plan was that I was going to join the reserves to see how I like the military.
If things go well, it could lead to a more "main" career, as opposed to something "on the side". Though nothing is out of the question, yet.

I was told joining the reserves to see if you would consider going reg is like staying an extra year at high school to see if you would go to uni or not.
Nevertheless, should be interesting, and I do not plan on flaking out of the reserves even if I do decide not to go reg.

That is my story, in a nut shell. Though I was never in cadets...

Burgoyne said:
Tell that to Monty.

Burgoyne said:
ya heh and once you get high up in the Officer ranks...you cant have any fun

I always feel so bad for the admin Os and OCs and COs who never get out from under their mountains of paperwork

heh ya poor guys/girls but i think the Admin O in Delta this year liked it...odd....i love being out in the field or at least doing something related to it this summer Blackdown in Delta it seemed like only two cadets wanted to stay out on the FTX me and another course cadet a lot of them forgot their hygiene kits and then we went and got them then when we got back most kept whining about being dirty wet and smelly and stuff  and stuff what do you expect to be clean out in the field.....we only spent one night out there..... :(

Burgoyne said:
heh ya poor guys/girls but i think the Admin O in Delta this year liked it...odd....i love being out in the field or at least doing something related to it this summer Blackdown in Delta it seemed like only two cadets wanted to stay out on the FTX me and another course cadet a lot of them forgot their hygiene kits and then we went and got them then when we got back most kept whining about being dirty wet and smelly and stuff  and stuff what do you expect to be clean out in the field.....we only spent one night out there..... :(

then come to VACSTC, everyone loves the field

Back