• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Dog Tags

• Thread starter maple_leaf_forever
  • Start date
PuckChaser said:
I solved the irritation problem by just not wearing my dog tags. They fit nicely in my pocket.

I put them in my Velcro pocket in my combat shirt. Easily found and no more worries about them getting tangled up in the tank.

Regards

Eye In The Sky said:
You can get plastic 'covers' for the dog tag part...for the chain around the neck, I've always just taken a piece of paracord and stripped the guts out and ran the chain thru that. 

No idea what they're made of, but I get a skin irritation from them too and this has always worked for me.

I got 'surgical hose' from the medics to put chain in......It also helped keep chain from breaking.

If the Dog Tag itself is the problem, a quick fix would be a piece of Gun Tape.

As for placing the Dog Tag in a pocket or other location, that could be problematic when someone is injured and a first responder can not find your tags and Blood Type.  There is a reason it is worn around your neck.  I am surprised at those who suggest otherwise.

While OFF DUTY, my Dog Tags remained at home......NEVER AROUND MY NECK, OUTSIDE MY SHIRT, AT THE DISCO/NIGHTCLUB!    :warstory:

George Wallace said:
I got 'surgical hose' from the medics to put chain in......It also helped keep chain from breaking.

If the Dog Tag itself is the problem, a quick fix would be a piece of Gun Tape.

As for placing the Dog Tag in a pocket or other location, that could be problematic when someone is injured and a first responder can not find your tags and Blood Type.  There is a reason it is worn around your neck.  I am surprised at those who suggest otherwise.

While OFF DUTY, my Dog Tags remained at home......NEVER AROUND MY NECK, OUTSIDE MY SHIRT, AT THE DISCO/NIGHTCLUB!    :warstory:

'DISCO/NIGHTCLUB' better explain that to our millennial members George  >:D

Jarnhamar said:
Get your dogtags tattooed on to your chest.

tenor.gif

Jarnhamar said:
Get your dogtags tattooed on to your chest.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=%22dog+tag%22+tattoo&rls=com.microsoft:en-CA:IE-Address&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&dcr=0&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjTrqG07PLWAhVO5mMKHWFGC8sQ_AUICigB&biw=1280&bih=603

mariomike said:
https://www.google.ca/search?q=%22dog+tag%22+tattoo&rls=com.microsoft:en-CA:IE-Address&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&dcr=0&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjTrqG07PLWAhVO5mMKHWFGC8sQ_AUICigB&biw=1280&bih=603

Sorry to add to that.....A bit morbid; but I had a friend who's ambition to survive WW III was to have his body completely tattooed and live forever as a lampshade in the Soviet Union after his death. 

RIP Lester S.

George Wallace said:

Be surprised all you want George, but I can tell you from experience working alongside medics during a MASCAS as a trained TCCC, they just give you O blood regardless of what is on your tags, if they can be found on your body at all. You'd be surprised what happens to things on your body during a blast.

Even for tracking pers out on the battlefield, we go by different means on top of the tags. Information on who was injured and/or killed is covered better than someone who has a set of tags around their neck.

Dog tags are good to have, but not the be all, end all way to identify someone.

Regards

Saw this from 2012,

The US Military Wants To 'Microchip' Troops
http://www.businessinsider.com/the-us-military-wants-to-microchip-troops-2012-5

Back